'68 Crew Cab in OR - $2K

Online listings for vehicles only. No parts listings please.

Moderator: FORDification

KnockKnock

'68 Crew Cab in OR - $2K

Post by KnockKnock »

http://corvallis.craigslist.org/cto/3779479266.html

Looks like the tailgate's missing in the 2nd pic there.

:fr:
A GM-convert that doesn't believe in bail-outs.
nastys toys
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: '68 Crew Cab in OR - $2K

Post by nastys toys »

Still for sale I've seen it listed for acouple months now
KnockKnock

Post by KnockKnock »

That means it either isn't all that it seems, or now the seller's willing to entertain something less than $2K. ...and why are all the cool crews way up north? Did the Bible-belt not see a need for a back-seat until seat-belt laws moved in from the west or something? </rant>

:fr:
nastys toys
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by nastys toys »

It might have been on eBay once or twice also. Crews are rare here in the east coast and if you do get one its most likely rusted to hell like mine was. I've only seen 2 67-72 crew cabs in person my 71 and one on a farm acouple miles down the road what a quincidence. And only 1 61-66 crew which Is my 66 luckily found on Craigslist. They are alot more common in the northwest as alot of these crews were made originally for forestry and railroad trucks also the navy. I kind of wish I held off and got one shipped from out west instead of buying my 71 by time I invest in fixing all the rust and other issues I could of had a real nice shape one shipped here.
KnockKnock

Post by KnockKnock »

nastys toys wrote:It might have been on eBay once or twice also. Crews are rare here in the east coast and if you do get one its most likely rusted to hell like mine was. I've only seen 2 67-72 crew cabs in person my 71 and one on a farm acouple miles down the road what a quincidence. And only 1 61-66 crew which Is my 66 luckily found on Craigslist. They are alot more common in the northwest as alot of these crews were made originally for forestry and railroad trucks also the navy. I kind of wish I held off and got one shipped from out west instead of buying my 71 by time I invest in fixing all the rust and other issues I could of had a real nice shape one shipped here.
That sounds like good advice there. I fell in love with mk's CC Merc, but shipping it was another $2K, ultimately making it a $4K truck. Worth it, I'm sure, but then bills, more schooling, additional credentials for the job, etc. all came swooping-in to burn all the leaves off my money-tree, and now I'll just have to wait for the right one at the right time, and sadly, for now that means that the right one would have to be pretty close to free. :cry: