Moderator: FORDification

fordloaf

Window Felt

Post by fordloaf »

Anyone know of a source for felt?
fordloaf

re: Window Felt

Post by fordloaf »

Is the felt the same as a Window Anti Rattle Kit?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i wouldnt pay that much for an anti rattle kit i was just looking at them the other day. i'd rather use what i got than pay that kind of money for two small strips of metal with some fur on them.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Fordloaf,I get a lot of my stuff locally from a place called SoCal speed shop,which carries a lot of Dennis Carpenter stuff,and I can often buy it right off the shelf...They have a complete window channel kit for $99.00....It includes the felt channels that go all the way down your window tracks inside the door,all the way to where your window seals shut at the top of the door...The 'anti rattle kit' is included with this kit,which are those felt covered steel things that mount on either side of the door top...Their kit covers both doors...The anti-rattle kit is sold separately for $59.00 a pair...'67-70 were different from '71-72,so you have to specify which....I don't know if they have an online catalog,but their prices were usually comparable to Dennis Carpenter's...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

Hey Joe, where is this speed shop at? Sounds like I might want to visit them.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

John,they're at 3427 E. McDowell in Phoenix...From Mesa,take the 202 to the 32nd St. exit,north to McDowell,about 2 blocks east on McD. ...They're also referred in the Yellow Pages as Vintage Ford Parts of Arizona...They do have a websit... www.so-calspeedshopAZ.com
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by customcrewcab »

they sell the stuff from Dennis Carpenter. it say it on the packing. i think somone was selling a whole kit both doors front and rear windew even vents but i can't find it now. saw it last night was between 200 and 250.
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by customcrewcab »

found it 233.37 buy it now price. seems like a pretty good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEATHERS ... enameZWD1V
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

The 71-72's are a little better for sealing as the outside rattler has a rubber strip instead of felt to keep water out.
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
fordloaf

Re: re: Window Felt

Post by fordloaf »

[quote="customcrewcab"]found it 233.37 buy it now price. seems like a pretty good deal
[/quote]

That is a good deal? Maybe if you need all the rubber on the entire truck. I just need the felt. Thanks though
fordloaf

Re: re: Window Felt

Post by fordloaf »

[quote="460 crew"]The 71-72's are a little better for sealing as the outside rattler has a rubber strip instead of felt to keep water out.[/quote]

Will that set up work on a 67?
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

pg 25 LMC catalog- anti-rattle kit for both doors 8 pieces 67-70 for $129.95. This includes the anti-rattlers and the glass runs, as they call them.It lists the 71-72 as a different kit for the same price. Sorry, I can't scan this page right now. So far, I like dealing with LMC for a daily driver.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Fordloaf,the guy at SoCal told me the anti-rattlers are not interchangeable(old felt ones to rubber ones)...He said the clips won't line up...
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Maybe the 67 might be different but the 72's I ordered for my 70 fit just fine and even in the crewcab doors as they are the same as the front ones minus the wing windows.
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
67effie

Post by 67effie »

Correct me if I am wrong but I am under the impression that the only difference is that one set is stainless steel with felt and the other is not with rubber?
If at first you don't succeed. Get another beer.

Jeremy

1972 F-100 - currently under going complete frame off restoration
1997 Mustang GT Convertible- (gone but not forgotten, damn unemployment)
1996 Saleen S281 #247
1988 - Coupe, OSP car sold to public NEW, under construction, 1 of 3 that was supposed to go to Saleen in 1988.
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?album=270