Where do these go?? :)

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

krogge

Where do these go?? :)

Post by krogge »

Since I can't seem to post pictures to this forum without going into a submit / re-login loop ... I'll try to describe.

Got some wires chewed and busted by a rabbit napping under the hood. I don't know where they go :)

1. First is 2 wire group coming from firewall. The are attached by a clip and bolt on driver side wheel well. One wire is light green / other one is black.

2. Second one is a heavier black wire that is attached to starter relay on passenger side wheel well. looks like by length it's supposed to go somewhere around alternator?? not sure though.

Anyone got ideas?? again ... have pictures but can't upload. thanks for all your help :)
Dwell on the good stuff and you'll always be happy, dwell on the bad stuff and you'll always be angry. Be happy.
DisneysPatB
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Where do these go?? :)

Post by DisneysPatB »

Try posting on a image hosting site and link. Issue with photos.
Look here as well. http://www.fordification.com/tech/schematics_i.htm
1970 F250 460 C6 - Project - Currently not running.
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4 x 4 5.9 Magnum -not running.
1999 Toyota Corolla - Daily Driver.

https://fordification.com/forum/app.php ... y/album/43
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Where do these go?? :)

Post by basketcase0302 »

=krogge
Since I can't seem to post pictures to this forum without going into a submit / re-login loop ... I'll try to describe.

Got some wires chewed and busted by a rabbit napping under the hood. I don't know where they go :)

1. First is 2 wire group coming from firewall. The are attached by a clip and bolt on driver side wheel well. One wire is light green / other one is black.

2. Second one is a heavier black wire that is attached to starter relay on passenger side wheel well. looks like by length it's supposed to go somewhere around alternator?? not sure though.

Anyone got ideas?? again ... have pictures but can't upload. thanks for all your help :)
Always helps us and you if you can put what model and year truck you own in your SIGNATURE at the bottom of your profile link, (this way correct info can be given based on year and model changes).

I'll take a guess at the green and black wires on the DS inner fender/firewall are being the brake and turn signal for the DS?
Test for power will give you more than enough info on what they are, (switches off/lights switches on/turn signal on/etc).
A voltage meter will become your best friend on our trucks, and easy enough for us to walk you through how to use one. :thup:

Edit: rabbit stew is pretty good! :lol:

Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4