showing off wheels and hubcaps

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

showing off wheels and hubcaps

Post by Zorm »

Gents, got some stock 16" wheels powder coated this week. Picked up a set of newer front tires and some older rear tires on a set of the 98 and up 8 lug pattern black wheels, anyone want em?
I also picked up a set of the old hubcaps with the crown in the middle a few years ago. Funny, I convinced my Dad, back in 83 (I was a junior in high school), that I would pay half to get the cool wheels back then, white wagon wheels. I hated these hubcaps and the stock steel wheels. Now that I'm older, I really love the old stock look.

so below is one of the wheels when I got em back

This is one of the hubcaps totally stock, and untouched. I got the idea of how to paint the other three and eventually this one from this one. All the black is great. If anyone want an idea of how these should look, he ya go!

one of the painted ones

pick of everything on the truck, front tires are all season 245/75R16, rear are Ironman AT 265/75R16. Eventually going to get the same brand as the front for the rear but keep the 265/75R16
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: showing off wheels and hubcaps

Post by cep62 »

Looks Great , I like the dog dishes.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

=Zorm post
Gents, got some stock 16" wheels powder coated this week. Picked up a set of newer front tires and some older rear tires on a set of the 98 and up 8 lug pattern black wheels, anyone want em?
I also picked up a set of the old hubcaps with the crown in the middle a few years ago. Funny, I convinced my Dad, back in 83 (I was a junior in high school), that I would pay half to get the cool wheels back then, white wagon wheels. I hated these hubcaps and the stock steel wheels. Now that I'm older, I really love the old stock look.

so below is one of the wheels when I got em back

This is one of the hubcaps totally stock, and untouched. I got the idea of how to paint the other three and eventually this one from this one. All the black is great. If anyone want an idea of how these should look, he ya go!

one of the painted ones

pick of everything on the truck, front tires are all season 245/75R16, rear are Ironman AT 265/75R16. Eventually going to get the same brand as the front for the rear but keep the 265/75R16
I thought the 97'/98' and up were HUB CENTRIC and do not bolt up properly on our 8 lug LUG CENTRIC? :hmm:

Nice powdercoat job on the rims! :clap:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

basketcase0302 , I did not use the 98 and up wheels, those are what the tires were on. The white wheels were on a I think 91 Ford work truck with the tool box bed. At the time I got the wheels, I should have bought the whole truck. It had a running fi 351W. I eventually decided to get a 351W for my 83 Cherokee, but the one I found I had to rebuild. Hind site sucks!

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Ok, now with all that said, I need to find new lug nuts. I have the ones that were on the old white wagon wheels, fit good. Now with these 90's wheels, the holes are larger. I think the stock lug size for these are 9/16 vice the 1/2 of our stock size. I'll head to NAPA close by later but has anyone put 90's wheels on their truck and have this same issue? Would like to get maybe a Dorman part number if anyone has one?

thanks

fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fastEdsel »

Sometimes farm implements have different size lug nuts as not all their implements are a standard size depending on what their design is for. Just an idea but you may want to try one of these places instead of trying to chase down other sources, it's worked for us in the past. :thup: