Vent Window Pivot Broken - How much trouble am I in?

Moderator: FORDification

UKPR1

Vent Window Pivot Broken - How much trouble am I in?

Post by UKPR1 »

First dry day in South Fla and I decide to tackle something I've been meaning to do for a while. Vent window frame came out of the door without much trouble, but the moment I exerted a little force to remove the window from the frame the bottom pivot snapped. Jumped online and can find NOTHING as a replacement. All the available frames or compete used windows say they're for upto a '66 or a '73 on, but nothing for a '69. What are my options?
IMG_0612-compressed.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Vent Window Pivot Broken - How much trouble am I in?

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

You're gonna have to find another or get the glass outta that frame and MAYBE have it welded back on.......try this here....

http://flashbackf100s.com/

Tom and Kathy are great and should be able to help you...... :thup:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
UKPR1

Re: Vent Window Pivot Broken - How much trouble am I in?

Post by UKPR1 »

Thanks, Ohio. In hindsight, I coulda, woulda, shoulda cut the nut off after seeing how much wet rust there was on the threads, but decided to try my luck with a little atf/acetone and light force. I won't make that mistake on the drivers side and will surgically remove the nut instead in order to remove the vent glass to replace the seal. I was able to find ONE on ebay for my year that should work, but I will remember the folks at Flashback for my future needs.

Thanks again.