Cab installation

Moderator: FORDification

Jett-Express813

Cab installation

Post by Jett-Express813 »

I had to replace the front cab mounts on my 72 F100 and I had the cab off. I’m ready to weld on new ones and I am pondering how to realign the cab to tack the new ones on. I need some suggestions as to how to square everything up first. Thanks for any/all help.
Ranchero50

Re: Cab installation

Post by Ranchero50 »

The simplest way is to have it sitting on the frame. I honestly don't remember how I did mine. I used floors from a dentside Bronco and they worked out well. Thinking about it, you should be able to measure on your frame from each of the rear cab mounts to each front mount to triangulate where the hole should end up. Both rear mounts to each front mount in the form of a triangle. There's also some frame alignment drawings under the main fordification page that might help with the bolt hole locations.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Jett-Express813

Post by Jett-Express813 »

Thanks Ranchero, I had thought about the triangle method but, I had to redo the rear cab mount bushing holes too (rusted out) so I will have to realign the whole cab. I am searching for the tech articles you mentioned. Thanks a lot.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Here they are. Pick your model under Chassis Dimensions. http://www.fordification.com/tech/bodybuilder70.htm
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.