The F100 Supernationals M n G - Photos!

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

Are you coming the M n G at the Supernationals?

Poll ended at Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 pm

I'll be there!
24%
Planning on it ...
24%
Want to but not sure yet ....
21%
Too far for me ....
24%
What's a "Supernational"?
3%
I'm a chebbie fan ....
3%

Total votes: 33

TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: The Official F100 Supernationals Thread!

Post by TNIceWolf »

OK guys......
Sorry for not being very responsive on this. All these six and seven day weeks plus regular overtime have taken a toll. On a plus note I am taking a boys day out tomorrow and heading down to check things out. Hope I can get some pics and a better grip on whats going on down there. Thanks for posting the google image Randy. That gives me a good reference point to look at.Will post a report tomorrow night.

Charlie
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Thanks Charlie. We appreciate you taking the time to check it out.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

Report on what I found.......

I will reference all of this according to the pic Randy posted previously showing the municipal parking lot.
It is really easy to find. It is free parking and is open from 8AM to 1AM. Coming into Pigeon Forge from Sevierville you will be hitting a road three lanes wide in one direction. From I40 the speed limits drop to 45 mph and then in Sevierville to 35 mph. This continues through Pigeon Forge. As you come into town a ways you will see an overhead sign saying Teaster Lane. I dont recommend going that way.The terrain at the entrance to the lot makes it a tad difficult to see the entrance that way. It is a one way in and one way out lot. Its sort of a combo public parking lot.....city trolley parking lot....trolley stop....and public park next to the Little Pigeon River. What I did and would recommend is that as you come down 441 on the main drag and you see the Teaster Lane sign is to move over to the far left lane as soon as possible.Then look for fast tracks on your left ( a go cart track.....there are tons of them in town and some have similar names so be careful) Be looking for a red light from there that has a double turn lane to the left. This will be marked as Jake Thomas Blvd. Make sure to stay in the far left lane. At the light you will notice a Walgreens on the left and to the right directly across you will see the tourism center. From there travelling across Jake Thomas you will be in a 20 mph zone crossing the bridge. A short distance after that and you will come to the construction zone Randy mentioned on your left at the stop sign where Jake Thomas joins Teaster Lane. Once again when making a turn onto Teaster stay in the left lane. As you begin to go uphill to your left you will notice right past the construction zone the exit to the lot. Continue slowly up the hill and you will quickly come to a crossover in the road that leads to the entrance. Its not a huge amount of signage but looking left and being ready makes it easier. The entrance goes downhill into the lot. Being on that hill is what makes it more difficult to spot coming in from the opposite end of Teaster. It is a pretty good sized lot capable of holding a few hundred vehicles I would guess. The only inhabitants at 10 AM this morning were a guy using the lot to have play time using a frisbee with his dog and two local LEOS who seemed pretty easy to talk to. Pay attention to the stop signs in the lot and proceed carefully. It isnt alway real clear which way traffic should proceed. Was no real need for pics as Randys map pretty much covers it. Other than that that's all I have other than gas prices in town....today they ranged from 3.55 for regular to 3.81 for premium. If anybody has more questions I will do my best to answer them.

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Thanks for the turn by turn directions and layout Charlie. Bear with me because I'm awful with N, S, E, and W without a complass :oops: I'll be discussing this as looking down from the ariel view. Given the layout and locations of the entry and exit drives, per Charlie's description, I'd hazard a guess that the show itself will probably be on the top left section of the lot, in that torpedo shaped section. Looks like it has around 500+ parking spaces so between that and the far left of the lot should be plenty of room for the show itself. The extreme left end looks like it's something special so LMC truck and other vendors will probably be set up there. Makes sense for people to pull in to the entrance, swing left and park toward the exit. Human nature says that most people are going to try to park as close to the event as possible so the bottom and right end of the lot would be the least sought after parking. Allowing for 10 of us, we should be able to gather in that region and not incur the wrath of the event management. Even if we put up an awning we really wouldn't be taking up more than 2 parking spaces other than our personal vehicles. The trick would be to get there early and stake out the territory without ticking anybody off. There's even some green space at the top right end, to the left of the exit, that may be fair game. Also that pointed island at the bottom right, and it's corresponding island and the other end of that string of slots, looks capable of holding a 10x10 or larger awning and does not appear to be concrete. Any opinions on other places or legal issues? I'll try to call somebody in the event management next week and feel 'em out.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Ok, scratch that last, totally uninformed rambling. Jeff pointed out that I may be mistaken so after searching the Supernats website again and I found last year's layout. Let's establish a plan B. Looks like they only reserved around 300 parking spaces last year and they were right at the entrance. They'll probably not look highly on us taking up much real estate in that area. However, from looking at the pics from the last year's show, it appears a number of people may have staked out in the green space at the top or top left of the lot in that satellite view. It's probably going to be one of those hide and seek games for us. Open for suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Randy,
Not mistaken, we just want to make sure we're not too close to the show and that by the time we all arrive for our 10 A.M. meet a particular spot we've chosen wouldn't be filled up already? :hmm:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

Ummmm...........just a thought..........but what about the parking lot at the tourism center right across from Walgreens?
Mebbe someone could call and get an OK from them?
Not sure the awning is going to fly anywhere without a permit.

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Here's what I see as options:

#1 - Walgreens.
#2 - shopping mall.

Anybody else see any other options?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I was so...hoping we could get some input here from someone who'd been to the show before-and knew how busy the lots close by might be?
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
67fordman1

Post by 67fordman1 »

I went last year and my wife dropped me off at the show, the parking lots around the show area were pretty much full. I am not that familiar with the area, but it seems like any place around the show grounds big enough for a vehicle had one in it. :doh:
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

67fordman1 on Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 am
I went last year and my wife dropped me off at the show, the parking lots around the show area were pretty much full. I am not that familiar with the area, but it seems like any place around the show grounds big enough for a vehicle had one in it. :doh:
Thanks for the "heads up", that's what I'd heard from more than one source here through the years. We'll probably focus our search a little farther away from the actual show so maybe that will pan out. :thup:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
5oh

Post by 5oh »

I live about a half hour from Pigeon Forge and my best advice is to get there early if you want a parking space near the event. It isn't nearly as bad as the Rod Run, but it will still get crowded because tourist season is starting to heat up.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Well guys we're two weeks from the Supernationals and our MNG and I'm grinning from ear to ear when I report the following... :pray: I got a PM from one of our members who lives in the Sevierville area, (which is right beside Pigeon Forge). We have a meeting place!
Details to follow in the next day or so hopefully! :woohoo:
Just in time as I got BC#16 out yesterday and ran her through her motions to find what might break on the long drive! :lol: Off of here and to work on BC#16 as she needs some attention. :doh:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Things are falling into place!
Randy
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Guys (and gals),

So very pleased to be able to post the following! Here's our official location for our 1st ever M-N-G that will coincide with the F-100 Supernationals! Our member Wrkjim will graciously allow us to meet there at his shop:
Maddron Cabinets
926 Eastgate Road
Sevierville, Tn. 37876

Jim has also told me that sometimes GPS devices won't find the shop, so here's a link to a Mapquest search that you might want to print to help find the MNG:
http://www.mapquest.com/places/maddron- ... n-5166079/
And please by all means send either Randy or I a PM for a phone number. (in case you got close and needed directions on the day of our meet). Jim has told me the shop only has maybe 5-6 parking spots but my plan would be to invade the A & W that sits next door for a "group picture" of all our bumps once all got there at say 11 A.M.
I'm sure that A & W won't mind our trucks being there for 5-10 minutes for a picture-especially if we're buying a cold drink or food like most will probably do. :thup:
Edit for info: Folks, Jim has also told me the MNG address is a short 5-10 minute drive from the F-100 show grounds! :thup:

edited again for spelling! :lol:
Last edited by basketcase0302 on Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4