1967 Crew Cab and a 08 Grand Marquis IFS SWAP

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

The Big Bear

Re: 1967 Crew Cab and a 08 Grand Marquis IFS SWAP

Post by The Big Bear »

Okay guys a update on the truck, I have posted it for sale in the for sale site. I have had a really rough year. Family issues (tking care of my wifes father" and then I got nailed three weeks ago by a idiot running a red light and taking me out in my truck. A week in Trauma and a screwed up back and neck and I know I will not be wrenching on my truck for "LONG TIME" so I am thinking about selling it so some one else can finish it.
I havve tried to do everything the way I alwasy dreamed of.
I had the cab dipped to get rid of the rust then when I saw the Cancer in the roof line I went ahead and ate the moey and had it repaired at a Body shop, all new metal no filler.
I am posting some photos of where I got to at his point.
Back from Dippers
Back from Dippers.jpg
Front Edge before repair
Front edge before.jpg
Front Edge after repair all new Metal
Front edge finished.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be grateful for every day :fr:
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

More photos of the body work.
New Cab Mounts.
New cab mounts.jpg
Rear Drip Edge shaved.
Rusty Drip Edge before.jpg
After
Rusty Drip edge after.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

More pictures
Firewall.jpg
All new metal not filler
Front edge new metal.jpg
Where we are now is a 1967 Crew Cab short bed box 2008 Grand Marquis motor and Transmission, Grand marquis rear end. Bed needs some minor work but isnot beat to crap in the inside. Cab and Bed are just sitting on the frame for a mock up to make sure everything lined up with the Short Bed and seeing that I did not need a long bed.
I have not done the shackle flip yet on the rear.
I really dont want to sell the thing but I am so screwed up in my back I don't see how I am going to be able to finish it. I can't afford to have the body shop do any more of the body work I had them do the Roof line because it was more than I wanted to chew on at the time.
Truck as it sits now.jpg
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

So sorry to hear about your accident and back problems. I was hit Aug 2nd, 1989 and have never been the same. Every day I live with pain, sometimes debilitating. Wish you a speedy and full recovery. Bummer you have to sell your project. Hope it finds a good home.
~Heirloom

'68 F250 360, 4 spd Project Thread!
Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

Yeah about 10 minutes before I was leaving my wife and son decided to drive in another vehicle at the last minute and the guy hit the passenger side so I am thanking God every day they were not in it. It picked my truck up and spun it 360 he said he never saw the Red light and was just looking down for a few seconds; he was more than likely on the phone but it does not matter he was driving a ford sedan worth about two grand and Of course he only had the bare min in Ca that is 15,000.00 which does not pay much when my truck was a Ford Raptor. I am fighting with the Insurance right now and they will not Total the truck since it cost so much new----instead they are going to put a entire new frame under it from the Factory. They are going to hate me by the time they get done with my truck I am so picky about work and have restored a few frame off vehicles.

So I am really re-evaluating things and my recovery is going to take a while. I am sorta just depressed right now knowing how long it is going to take me to recover and I was planing on bringing my truck home right before I got hit to start working on the rest of it. I guess Icould always just bring it home and cover it but that just sucks not being able to wrench on it.

This is where I was headed with it. I was going to add a factory ford sunroof clip in on the roof and do some new style door handles to give it the smooth look.
68_Ford_CrewCab_22s.jpg
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

I'm sorry to say it, but the physical pain may never go away. My days begin and end in pain. Opiates have minimal pain relieving effect on me, and there is no surgery to cure it. It's just my reality. I can't let it stop me from doing things I love to do.....except when it's a bad day. Then I'm laid up. I truly wish you a great recovery because I wouldn't wish this on Obama..... well....

Anywho....

Depression is a slippery slope, don't fall in!I use my projects for therapy, the mental kind that is. You might not want to get rid of it just yet.
~Heirloom

Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

Thanks for the thoughts and advice and I will take it to heart. Maybe I should just throw a tarp over it and let it sit until I get healthy. I know I will regret it if I get rid of it. I have put a lot of hours in it so far. I saw your Jamul address my wifes Grandfather was OLD MAN SIMPSON when you come into Jamul he used to own the Big Red house and the Simpson Nursery. It's all run down now and He has been gone for years but I am sure you know where I am talking about. anyways thanks for the Pick me up--I just need to relax and think this out more.
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Anytime :D

Wow, you're married into the Simpsons. Heck, depending on age your wife and I may have gone to school together. I used to go to the Simpson Nursery when I was a kid. Look at all the old stuff and eat apples while my Mom looked at plants. My family moved here when I was about 5. I'm 36 now. I ended up coming back after living in Tucson, Dallas/Ft Worth, Olympia, WA and other San Diego suburbs. I love it out here.

I believe the property was just sold a month ago or so. I hope whoever gets it does not develop it :x The house is in sad shape, the Nursery has been closed up for going on a year now, I think. It's not the town it used to be. BMW driving yuppies trying to kill themselves and any unlucky person in their way on Hwy 94. It's part of the reason I drive old iron.
~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

Yep she is 40 and her grandpa was the one who would sit out there and hand out the apples to everyone. Her grandmother passed away and the estate was sold that's why it has been runs down. The people who bought it promised to keep the old farm up but of course they didn't. The nursery was actually owned by one of the cousins and they just sold it as well. Just like you said things change like crazy and the place is almost like the suburbs of SD now. It's funny when you here people talk about it and you know what it was like when you ran around as a kid. Even stranger is my first name is Barrett, that always made the family happy when I married in not bad Barrett married into Barrett Ranch they would joke. Been feeli g better and having second thoughts about selling it got one crazy offer for two grand and had laugh. I could part it out for more than that.
F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by F100builder »

I say keep for now too. I hate seeing peoples' dream rides have to go away. :thup:
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

Thanks guys your right about keeping the truck and slowing down and the wife could see I was down and she surprised me and gave me the okay to have the body shop do more work on the truck and not sell it---she knows how much time and effort and hours I have put in this truck. I just left the shop and I am getting the bed sand blasted, doors sand blasted and hung next. So I am no going to sell it after all. I needed the pick me up from the site and honestly only a few people asked about it and everyone wanted it for basically free so that was not going to happen. So on to the next stage and I will post some more photos as they come. Also feeling a bit better after going to the physical re-hab guy---the cloud is starting to lift a bit and I am feeling better.
F100builder
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by F100builder »

Great news! Good luck with the build...I know I'd help you out with some labor if I were closer. That's what groups like this are for! :thup:
Patrick

ImageImageImageImage
'56 F100; Must.II IFS, 351W bored & stroked to 395c.i. 470hp/483ft-lbs., AOD, 4-link coilover 9" w/ 3.89's
'69 F100; 390, C6, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's
'70 F100; 'new' and latest project soon to have a built 390/C6 and 3.50 gears
To see more of my F100's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lowfat56
Calfdemon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Calfdemon »

Well, I am glad for two things.. I am glad that I already have a crew cab which I am rebuilding, and I am glad you decided to keep it!! I will tell you this... If I had not had my crew cab yet, you would not have yours anymore because I would have jumped on it when you first offered it. You have a good amount of work into it already and it was worth what you were asking. But it is much better than you keep it and finish what you started. So it takes a little longer... Oh well, all projects take longer than originally planned. But the enjoyment at the end of the journey makes it all worth while. :thup:
-Rich

Current toys -
69 Ford F350 Crew Cab - 460 / C6 - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... lqgskp.jpg
31 Ford Vicky - 1955 270 Red Ram Hemi / 4 speed - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bsibvn.jpg

Former toys -
67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible (sold 9/13) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bird-1.jpg
67 Ford Fairlane GT - 390 / 4 speed (sold 7/15) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... c5hu8z.jpg
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Leucadia is actually doable for me. It's on the far opposite corner of the county from me, but not horrible. If you ever need another marginal back to help out, feel free to ask! :lol: Actually, despite the pain I still out work, out lift and out reach most people, and I am always game for turning wrenches.

Glad you are already feeling better. Hurray for Wifey realizing what you needed and going for it :) Thank her from all of us!

Now, take your pain and frustration and turn it into your dream truck :thup:
~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
The Big Bear

Post by The Big Bear »

Thanks to all of you guys who replied with your posts it really does help to hear positive things and I also just had a AWESOME DAY---just got back from my sons 10th Birthday watched him run around and looked at my wife and I am just blessed to be here then I told her as 15 other ALL BOYS Birthday ran around---How cool is it going to be when he is in Hogh school in 6 years and he is driving a 1967 Crew cab around and nothing but ELECTRIC CARS are in the parking LOT!!!! She smiled and said I was right he will be driving a one of a kid truck!! Thanks Again guys will post some pictures later after I get some more things done.