cutting and welding in patches?

Moderator: FORDification

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

cutting and welding in patches?

Post by rjewkes »

any buddy remember welding classess i have forgot everything but the basics. I only remember 6011 and 6013 welding with an arc. and i know some minor brazing.

But the donor bed from the f250 CS has a rust hole and dents in the driver side front quadrant the rest of it is good. And the reverse can be said of what is on my current bed. How would i correctly go about cutting the patch from my bed and cutting the bad out of the donor and weld the new one in? any help appreciated!
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: cutting and welding in patches?

Post by customcrewcab »

get a cut off wheel for your grinder unless you have get a hold of a plasma cutter. if your using a wire feed just use spot welds. make sure you weld in different spots so the metal does not warp and take your timeand let the metal cool.
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Thank you very much.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Get several cut off wheels. They don't last too long. :wink:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Yeah when i worked at the trucking company a few years back the welding Guys had like thirty or fourty plus extra wheels.
fuelly.com
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hardtailjohn »

There's some pretty good tutorials on patch panels on www.metalmeet.com
John H.
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!