Been A While

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Been A While

Post by ToughOldFord »

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I've checked in with you all.

Looks pretty quiet here, too bad. FB has ruined the good forums.

:fr:
1969 F250 Ranger Camper Special. 390, NP435, 3:73s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. -Thomas Jefferson
hdpusher
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Been A While

Post by hdpusher »

I agree. Years back I used to be on here several times a day but now I only find myself checking in every few months.
67 Chevy II 302 sbc
67 Ford F350 Motor home
68 Ford F100 long bed (Sold :cry: )
78 CJ5
03 Dodge Cummins
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

I’ll never understand why folks go to Facebook and don’t use the old style forums. Here you have a complete archive of any information you could want, on Facebook you get the same stupid questions day in and day out.
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

Agreed, no organization at all over there. I can see it for idle chat and sharing cat videos, but regular forums are far superior for information and resources/databases.
1969 F250 Ranger Camper Special. 390, NP435, 3:73s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. -Thomas Jefferson
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

ToughOldFord wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:04 pm Agreed, no organization at all over there. I can see it for idle chat and sharing cat videos, but regular forums are far superior for information and resources/databases.
What makes it so bad is everything has scrolled off the page after a few posts, so out of sight, out of mind. It’s like every day is just starting over fresh. Interesting or important topics or message threads just disappear and are forgotten, instead of them continuing to expand. :pout:
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

ToughOldFord wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:03 pm FB has ruined the good forums.

I’ll take your word for it. Never used FB, never missed it.
I do know that a lot of people complain about FB causes a lot of conflict between people.
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

jzjames wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:22 am
ToughOldFord wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:03 pm FB has ruined the good forums.

I’ll take your word for it. Never used FB, never missed it.
I do know that a lot of people complain about FB causes a lot of conflict between people.
On FB there are a ton of A-holes who just love conflict. Combine that with the ignorant people that respond with incorrect information about something they know nothing about, and you have a hot mess. Good old fashions forums have moderators who generally keep everyone civil. Never seems to work on FB.
1972hiboy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1972hiboy »

MAK wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:21 pm I’ll never understand why folks go to Facebook and don’t use the old style forums. Here you have a complete archive of any information you could want, on Facebook you get the same stupid questions day in and day out.
Agreed,

Hello to all. Still lurk the forums.
Rich
1973 f350 super c/s 460/c6 22k orig miles
1972 f350 srw crewcab special 390
1972 f250 4x4 sport custom 390fe Red
1972 f250 4x4 custom 360 FE " Ranger Ric"
1972 f250 4x4 custom 84k og miles 390
1971 f250 4x4 sport custom 56k og miles. 360
1970 f250 4x4 428 fe hp60 205 d60
Dont eat yellow snow.....
Raiver

Post by Raiver »

MAK wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:33 am
ToughOldFord wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:04 pm Agreed, no organization at all over there. I can see it for idle chat and sharing cat videos, but regular forums are far superior for information and resources/databases.
What makes it so bad is everything has scrolled off the page after a few posts, so out of sight, out of mind. It’s like every day is just starting over fresh. Interesting or important topics or message threads just disappear and are forgotten, instead of them continuing to expand. :pout:
That makes searching for important information hard to find unlike here.
Terry Veiga

Post by Terry Veiga »

Happy 2024!

I get weekly digest emails from 460Ford.com and FordMuscleForums.com that keeps me engaged on various topics. I wonder if Fordification has a setting for us to receive periodic trending topics emails?
TERRY : 1972 F100 Ranger XLT SWB
2WD, 429/C6, A/C, P/S, P/Disc
In His Holy Name
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Terry Veiga wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:48 pm Happy 2024!

I get weekly digest emails from 460Ford.com and FordMuscleForums.com that keeps me engaged on various topics. I wonder if Fordification has a setting for us to receive periodic trending topics emails?
The XenForo forum software has that functionality but I don’t know if the PhPBB platform has a plug-in for that.
Terry Veiga

Post by Terry Veiga »

Thanks, and also the ability to “like” a post would be nice.

I appreciate the huge effort put in to develop and maintain this forum over the years and would miss it if it dies a slow death. So, I’m personally willing to participate in a formal fundraiser towards modernizing/migrating the platform and I imagine there are others ready to offer their support.
TERRY : 1972 F100 Ranger XLT SWB
2WD, 429/C6, A/C, P/S, P/Disc
In His Holy Name
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Terry Veiga wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:25 pm Thanks, and also the ability to “like” a post would be nice.

I appreciate the huge effort put in to develop and maintain this forum over the years and would miss it if it dies a slow death. So, I’m personally willing to participate in a formal fundraiser towards modernizing/migrating the platform and I imagine there are others ready to offer their support.
I would too. I just don’t see Keith on here much anymore. Like you say, lots of time and effort. I had a PhpBB forum well over a decade back and ended up selling during a period I just didn’t have the required time to invest daily. I hate it, but a lot of the great discussion forums are dying as people for some reason gravitate to the crappy Facebook interface.
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by dolinick »

hello. i still got a '68 F500 with inline six. it's a bumpside.
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
Generalee0527

Post by Generalee0527 »

I have never done Fartbook. I prefer the forums for the wealth and search capability. I say enjoy the lack of static from the @holes. I try to drop in weekly as I am trying to get my '68 back to road worthy.0
68 Ranger. 302 Clevor w/ 3 on tree, soon to have front disc brakes.