69- 72 F250 with Factory dual disc what tie rod ends to use part # please

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

SoCal250

69- 72 F250 with Factory dual disc what tie rod ends to use part # please

Post by SoCal250 »

Hi I have a 69 F250 C/S with 2.5" drums my truck has the small kingpin 7/8 and the tie rods / drag link bolts from the bottom taper up so my castle nut is on top .
I recently mocked up a factory dual disc swap and the disc brakes rotors are way wider than the drums so I had to turn the hell out of the adjuster sleeve to get the wheels straight and there was only like 1/4 threads inside the sleeve now 😳. My ? If you have a truck that has the factory dual piston disc how does your tie rod mount top 👇 down ? So the castle nut is on the bottom .? Or bottom up 👆 so the nut is on top like mine ? Why I'm asking is I want to know if there are tie rod ends that are for disc brakes only such as having longer threads or longer adjusting sleeves ? It would seem there has to be I don't think the parts are disc / drum the same .

I usually use moog and they only list 1 drag link 1 tie rod end 1 sleeve ? What if you have disc brakes ? I seen a part # for a dorman # T0851028PR that said it was for a 4x4 and it clearly had more threads on it than the moog part # I'm assuming a longer adjustment sleeve would also work the only ones I see say 4.5" ? So does that mean they have some longer ?? I just want to have the right amount threads inside that sleeve for safety .

If anyone has part # after replacing there drag link , tie rods ends etc I like to compare those to my drum set up part # I don't want to use the big king pin later years 75-79 drag links and that mine has the small king pin factory 7/8 and I have DJM lowering beams the top down drag link tie rod ends won't work with that set up .