no brake lights/turn signals

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

sharkdog

no brake lights/turn signals

Post by sharkdog »

High folks, Just looking for some basic help trucks been siting a long while though I am close to having it back on the road.
as above the turn signals and brake lights don't work yet the headlights/running lights(taillights ect...) do work and the the 4 ways only flash at the front. I tried a new brake switch but that did nothing. plan on trying a new fuse/relay thing that's mounted just under the dash there. Hoping that works other wise any sugestions? Obviously I will take the steering wheel off and check the switch on the column(just have to figure out how cause its a later wheel off 71/72 with the horn mechanism over the bolt). Is there any simple connections/ground I can check( trying to avoid skimming through wiring diagrams)? Anyway thanks Again

Pete
1970 f-100 360 c-6 2wd ps/pb longbox
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: no brake lights/turn signals

Post by cep62 »

The brake lights go through the turn signal switch .
chances are it's dirty and needs cleaning ,a test light and volt meter are your best options.
there are similar question in recent posts down below with links.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

:yt:

But might as well plan on replacing the TSS as they fail normal use that many years later.
DC used to have the best ones, (not jackie chan crap) but question the country of origin-buyer beware!!! :wink:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

If your truck has a trailer hitch, check the wiring job. People do terrible things to tail light wires, then cover it all with plastic tape.
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.