XLT, VISIBILITY & PAINTED ROOF QUESTIONS

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Dan

XLT, VISIBILITY & PAINTED ROOF QUESTIONS

Post by Dan »

Sadly my father in law passed away recently, so we have inherited his amazing 1977 F-150 XLT RANGER, that he ordered brand new and still owned until his death. He always bought the best of the best and when he ordered this truck he must have checked practically every possibly option box, so now I am trying to figure out what was factory installed and what was "day 1" dealer installed and fully document this truck.

I did just receive the Marti report on it and I know when they list things like "XLT package or Visibility package" they don't list what all is included in those.

Could anyone here list what comes in those 2 packages for a 1977 2-wd F-150 XLT Ranger?

My other question is about the factory paint which it still wears, a beautiful metallic dark blue with a silver 2 tone going down the middle of each side, the question is the roof is also the same blue, and looks great that way, but all the 1977 brochures and factory things we have only show white painted roofs, was the matching body color roof paint another option of some sort or what explains that?

I also own a 67 Ranger short box that ironically is also blue on top, white on bottom, and it's roof is also body color blue.

Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated, getting this truck back on the road is really therapeutic for the wife and I in helping to deal with his loss. I truly think this truck will turn out to be VERY rare for 1977 once I decode and gather all the proof of everything, already with the Marti report they put it at 1 of 203 and that's not counting all the dealer installed options.

Thanks!
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: XLT, VISIBILITY & PAINTED ROOF QUESTIONS

Post by cep62 »

http://www.fordification.com/library/in ... ategory/21
Have you looked in the Literature Library on the home page?
It may be that the factory pictures had white roofs because they showed up better in print ?
I have a 77 that was the factory two tone and roof was the main body color.
A white roof reflects heat and before A C was popular it was a common paint option.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I haven't looked there in a few years, my 67 Ranger we still enjoy and regularly use and I had used most areas of the site to work on that one, but I have had to focus on other projects for a while, I will have to revisit!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Here's the 1977 dealer's brochure at the FORDification Factory Literature Library:

http://www.fordification.com/library/in ... tegory/150

Be sure to click the Photo Sizes icon and choose Original to view each scan in hi-res.
enlarge.jpg
The trim level descriptions start on page 4, page 15 details some of the add-ons, like the Visibility Group. Page 16 details the paint options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Thank you very much, we have a couple but not all, that should help!