Steering damper (stabilizer) kit needed

Moderator: FORDification

markbennett

Steering damper (stabilizer) kit needed

Post by markbennett »

I have a 1969 F100 2WD. I want to add a steering stabilizer but the MOOG ssd20 kit is no longer available. I could still buy the damper itself but I need the brackets and U bolts. If anybody has something that would work on my truck please contact me. Thanks
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Steering damper (stabilizer) kit needed

Post by basketcase0302 »

markbennett I've a 1969 F100 2WD. I want to add a steering stabilizer but the MOOG ssd20 kit is no longer available. I could still buy the damper itself but I need the brackets and U bolts. If anybody has something that would work on my truck please contact me. Thanks
I believe I might have one of the brackets and u bolt left over from my 76' Early Bronco that might fit.
Give me a few days to drag it out and get a pic of it.
Can you PM me an email address to sed the pic to please, (I don't do photobomb or other pic hosting sites anymore after they tried to hold 8 yrs of my pics hostage for payment.)
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4