Rear Tank Filler Hole

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Paintman77

Rear Tank Filler Hole

Post by Paintman77 »

Hello folks,looking for some help. Quick version 68 longbed to short box conversion. Rear mounted mustang tank. Nothing new, not reinventing the wheel. The problem is when I took my measurements on the frame and transferred them to the bed floor to mark my filler hole all was well. Once I cut the hole it landed right on top of the rear bed brace. I’ve heard nothing about folks having to navigate this brace when doing a rear tank swap. I’ve had the bed on the truck and all holes line up and wheel wells are centered. Does anyone know where I’ve gone wrong or does this brace normally come into play. Rear 4” of bed were removed behind this brace so nothing with brace has been moved. Site says files are too large to load. Once I figure this out I’ll post them
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Rear Tank Filler Hole

Post by basketcase0302 »

=Paintman77
Hello folks,looking for some help. Quick version 68 longbed to short box conversion. Rear mounted mustang tank. Nothing new, not reinventing the wheel. The problem is when I took my measurements on the frame and transferred them to the bed floor to mark my filler hole all was well. Once I cut the hole it landed right on top of the rear bed brace. I’ve heard nothing about folks having to navigate this brace when doing a rear tank swap. I’ve had the bed on the truck and all holes line up and wheel wells are centered. Does anyone know where I’ve gone wrong or does this brace normally come into play. Rear 4” of bed were removed behind this brace so nothing with brace has been moved. Site says files are too large to load. Once I figure this out I’ll post them
I can't help with the bed filler issue but the pics...

You either have to "shrink" (resize them) or upload to a host site like photobucket or imgr then link the image here with the control icons above this post.
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4