Transmission Tunnel High Hump vs Low Hump

Moderator: FORDification

Aerocoupe

Transmission Tunnel High Hump vs Low Hump

Post by Aerocoupe »

Putting a Coyote and 10R80 in my '70 and need a high hump trans cover. Have any of you used one from LMC? This is their webpage with the part in question being #11:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1957-72-ford/f ... dy-parts-3

My assumption here is that with it being an column shift 4x4 it will be the high hump cover. I am thinking a phone call may be in order to verify that there is a height difference but does anyone here know the height difference between a low and high hump?
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Transmission Tunnel High Hump vs Low Hump

Post by cep62 »

I believe all the bolt on covers are High Hump.
If you look at a cab with the low hump , there's no hole , just the indentation where the cover would go.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Drooling, (at the thought of the Coyote) LOL!
There are only 2 that I can find in an airboat, I want to be the 3rd pretty bad!

:nopix:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

Search my user name and the build thread is on here. Its been on hold for a couple years getting one through college but its about to pick the pace up. I was confused on the whole two different humps but after a little noodling I now realize the C6 and four speed manual trans trucks got them along with 4x4 truck whatever the power train was.

What brought this on was reading another coyote build thread with a 10R80 and they used the hump to clear the 10R80 which is more appealing than sheet metal work. Truck will have a custom center console so no one will see the hump anyhow. I am going to order the one off of LMC for a 2WD as it has no holes in the hump.