electrical questions

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

anotherfordguy

electrical questions

Post by anotherfordguy »

Well, I was planning to get a painless wiring kit, Holley Sniper EFI, Bronco II fuel tank. Then I thought, why not just frame swap? I can pick up a 2000+ super duty for the price of the EFI setup, and that will include all the stuff I want to upgrade. Plus(this is the biggest, best reason), I get 50 year newer ride quality, my 4wd suspension really isn't all that great. so, this brings up the issue of making the instrument cluster work. I'd like to get an F600 cluster, which means I could get new gauges. Does anyone know if if there are gauges for the F600 cluster that will hook up and work with the newer harness and electronics? Does the Dakota cluster provide an option for this? The speedo would have to be electric. Thanks for the help.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: electrical questions

Post by basketcase0302 »

Would be a nice swap for sure, (to get all the benefits of the newer chassis).

I'd contact Dakota and ask them about "grafting" into a newer wiring harness.

And just because no one here has done it-don't think it can't be done. :thup:
I'd grafted a gauge into my F-600 panel using the outside of the F-600 gauge and the "guts" of the newer gauge sucessfully, (had to look real...hard to tell it had been done). :wink:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4