List of service providers

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

F-100Ranger

List of service providers

Post by F-100Ranger »

Is it worthwhile having a tab of service providers who specialize in our trucks? Before you all say just look over here...I mean like I-Beam camber/bending. It used to be common here, but now nobody in our western PA county does it. I found a the guy in Erie, PA, who does it . Who the heck else is doing this? I'm ready to go 4 counties away and consider it a bargain in the process. Just saying
67 Austin Healey 3000- resto - subframe rebuilt so far
68 F-100 LB w FE410-in progress frame-off resto
02 Sebring Convertible- for top-down relaxation
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: List of service providers

Post by basketcase0302 »

="F-100Ranger"Is it worthwhile having a tab of service providers who specialize in our trucks? Before you all say just look over here...I mean like I-Beam camber/bending. It used to be common here, but now nobody in our western PA county does it. I found a the guy in Erie, PA, who does it . Who the heck else is doing this? I'm ready to go 4 counties away and consider it a bargain in the process. Just saying
Love the idea of a "registry" but it would probably be very hard to keep up to date, (I'd guess just due to the few number of front end shops that actually have any old skool mechanics on staff with the knowledge on how to properly bend the I-beams. I was always told to never use heat/yet the first thing all the mechanics these days do is grab the torch and heat the beam to "make it easier to bend" weakening it. The procedure should always be done hydraulically. Somewhere here I remember Keith had a tutorial on how it's properly done.

Bending our trucks I-beams beams for caster/camber alignment is becoming a "lost art/skillset" as I bet there's fewer than 100 mechanics nationwide who even know how to do it. :(
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
F-100Ranger

Post by F-100Ranger »

Even though times are always changing, we are living in the present and if we clarify the provider is there now it's worth the effort. If we support those shops then they could get more dent business and maybe increase the interest in our trucks.
67 Austin Healey 3000- resto - subframe rebuilt so far
68 F-100 LB w FE410-in progress frame-off resto
02 Sebring Convertible- for top-down relaxation
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I could not agree more, and yes by supporting them and getting the word out about their business to give them more business to keep them afloat.

There was a thread/topic/page here on Fordification that listed "preferred vendors" (as it applied to parts) that was once a "sticky" (that makes it very visible for folks to see-which would make it easier to add to. But I haven't seen that page in a few years... :hmm:

Edit: I found the Vendors category.
You could easily start a thread there on "preferred shops" (or whatever name you'd reference it to) and then ask Keith (he's the moderator for that category here-prob faster to ask Robert or one of the more active moderators) to make the topic/thread a "sticky" that stands out for members to see easier. :wink:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4