E4OD

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

dave1972

E4OD

Post by dave1972 »

Ok. Who has put an E4OD and 429/460 in an F250 highboy? I'm hot on this conversion because I want an OD auto trans in my next build. Running over 2000 rpm at 60 sucks. Don't want gear vendors and all that other clutter. My builds are more "stock" look. This is for a '70 crewcab. Thanks fellas!
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: E4OD

Post by fastEdsel »

Although not an impossible creation this is one of a bunch of projects where you may have to build your truck around your power plant and transmission. I plan on doing much the same with one of my trucks, a 1949 Mercury M155 3 ton truck. It has the 239 flathead V8, straight cut gear 4 speed transmission and vacuum actuated 2 speed rear axle. My plan is to remove the engine and transmission and place a 302 with the E40D transmission that has a shift kit installed. With the 2 speed rear axle it makes it an 8 speed truck. Am getting some coaching on the build from a great bunch of mechanics in Montana. Just prepping a 1956 Chevrolet 1700 series 3 ton truck for paint. We installed a LT1 320HP 350 to the existing 4 speed transmission and electric 2 speed axle. So bascially the truck not only hauls grain, is hauls a$$! :D There a great bunch of folks on this site to help you along for sure. Keep in touch and let us know how you all make out. :thup: