project updates

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

project updates

Post by jimmy828 »

have not posted in awhile but want to update on how far i have got with my project. The latest addition was installing power steering. Switching to power steering was a tough job but well worth it. :fr:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fordkid68
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: project updates

Post by Fordkid68 »

Awesome trucks!! They look great! Power steering is definitely nicer to drive.
Adam

My first truck,
1968 F100 lwb 2wd soon to have a 351w, 5-speed
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 15#p771357
^^Build Thread^^
04 Subaru Outback (daily driver), with a 2.5l boxer H4
(no other projects, YET!)
"Might be crazy but I ain't dumb"!
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:D looks great :thup:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

Finally got the side trim polished ,painted and installed. I think the blue pin stripe turned out pretty good. Also installed a Grant steering wheel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fordkid68
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Fordkid68 »

The chrome looks awesome with the pinstriping! It really ties it into the rest of the truck.
I like the looks of the Grant wheel, It makes bumps look so much sportier.
Adam

My first truck,
1968 F100 lwb 2wd soon to have a 351w, 5-speed
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 15#p771357
^^Build Thread^^
04 Subaru Outback (daily driver), with a 2.5l boxer H4
(no other projects, YET!)
"Might be crazy but I ain't dumb"!
cumminskiller

Post by cumminskiller »

I like the blue addition to trim as well. It's the little things.
1967 Ford F100 Ranger 2WD Shortbed = Playtoy
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 6 speed = Towpig
2017 Ford Fiesta ST = Daily
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Looks really great :thup:
Since converting mine to power steering I’ve only had the opportunity to move it around in the driveway a few times as it’s been in pieces as I do the bodywork and prep for paint.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

MAK wrote:Looks really great :thup:
Since converting mine to power steering I’ve only had the opportunity to move it around in the driveway a few times as it’s been in pieces as I do the bodywork and prep for paint.
Swapping to power steering was no easy job. Took over a year to round up parts but was in no hurry. Learned a lot with that swap. :fr:
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

jimmy828 wrote:
Swapping to power steering was no easy job. Took over a year to round up parts but was in no hurry. Learned a lot with that swap. :fr:
Yeah, finding that unicorn of a column was my biggest problem. Just didn’t do many 3 on the tree with power. I guess the guys who could spring for the power steering also went for the automatic. Then the inner shift tube needed some rust repair and welding...
Is that the factory “Bahama blue” on yours? Looks like my original color which I want to go back to. So far my only paint experience is with the epoxy primer... I’m leaning toward a single stage paint but have a lot of people who know more than me telling me I should do base coat and then clear coat. I just need the easiest method to allow me to deal with the inevitable runs and imperfections a rookie will get, not to mention a less than perfectly dust free environment.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

MAK wrote:
jimmy828 wrote:
Yeah, finding that unicorn of a column was my biggest problem. Just didn’t do many 3 on the tree with power. I guess the guys who could spring for the power steering also went for the automatic. Then the inner shift tube needed some rust repair and welding...
Is that the factory “Bahama blue” on yours? Looks like my original color which I want to go back to. So far my only paint experience is with the epoxy primer... I’m leaning toward a single stage paint but have a lot of people who know more than me telling me I should do base coat and then clear coat. I just need the easiest method to allow me to deal with the inevitable runs and imperfections a rookie will get, not to mention a less than perfectly dust free environment.
The paint is called Speed Blue form TCP Global. I sprayed mine myself but i was advised by some experienced friends that do bodywork saying that if i have never sprayed car paint to use single stage so if i mess up it will be easier to repair. I must say they were right. My paint job is not perfect but do get good compliments from it. I have sprayed tons of [censored] cabinets being that is my career for the past 45 years but i found out that spraying cars is much more difficult.
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

jimmy828 wrote:
MAK wrote:
jimmy828 wrote: Swapping to power steering was no easy job. Took over a year to round up parts but was in no hurry. Learned a lot with that swap. :fr:
The paint is called Speed Blue form TCP Global. I sprayed mine myself but i was advised by some experienced friends that do bodywork saying that if i have never sprayed car paint to use single stage so if i mess up it will be easier to repair. I must say they were right. My paint job is not perfect but do get good compliments from it. I have sprayed tons of [censored] cabinets being that is my career for the past 45 years but i found out that spraying cars is much more difficult.
So what you sprayed was the single stage? It looks fantastic.