Vinyl seat material pattern question

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

mulletmobile

Vinyl seat material pattern question

Post by mulletmobile »

The original seat cover is starting to degrade and needs to be replaced. I am having a hard time figuring out the material pattern though. It has what I believe is called a Medium Blue Metallic main color, but the other panels are a basketweave type pattern in a light blue. Since there is no build sheet in the truck to help with it I am turning to you to help determine if this is an original pattern or possibly it was recovered once before? I apologize I do not have access to the truck for a couple of days to get a picture. And for what its worth, we were told a few years ago that the interior was possibly ordered in a 1970 pattern. I have found similar colors, it's the basketweave pattern that is throwing me off.
1971 F-250, Wimbeldon White, 360, PB, dealer add-on A/C (A.R.A. brand), 1970 coded interior (23 - Med. blue/Light blue) with 42,000 miles.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Vinyl seat material pattern question

Post by basketcase0302 »

"mulletmobile"The original seat cover is starting to degrade and needs to be replaced. I am having a hard time figuring out the material pattern though. It has what I believe is called a Medium Blue Metallic main color, but the other panels are a basketweave type pattern in a light blue. Since there is no build sheet in the truck to help with it I am turning to you to help determine if this is an original pattern or possibly it was recovered once before? I apologize I do not have access to the truck for a couple of days to get a picture. And for what its worth, we were told a few years ago that the interior was possibly ordered in a 1970 pattern. I have found similar colors, it's the basketweave pattern that is throwing me off.
Poke around here and see if the dealer sales brochures give you the color options and patterns. :wink:

http://www.fordification.com/library/in ... ategory/14
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

You can also contact SMS https://smsautofabrics.com/ They are very knowledgeable and offer many OEM colors/patterns. They also have free samples. You can probably send them a photo and they'll be able to identify it or match it.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

When I tried to get a match for mine, I couldnt find the exact pattern match. I matched the color,
Ordered through Rock Auto, good quality and fit, “Acme Auto”.
3 Speed

Post by 3 Speed »

sargentrs wrote:You can also contact SMS https://smsautofabrics.com/ They are very knowledgeable and offer many OEM colors/patterns. They also have free samples. You can probably send them a photo and they'll be able to identify it or match it.
Send SMS your VIN and they will send you an exact-match sample.
67 F101 Custom Cab longbed, 352 V8, 3 speed manual
1968f250429

Post by 1968f250429 »

Sms will need the trim code from door tag to determine what came in your truck for upholstery . Great people at sms.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Guess this is the perfect place to ask this question - I got ahold of SMS and gave them the interior code off my Marti report which was 3381 and they sent me samples. I had forgotten that I sent them an email with my VIN and they sent me 2 more samples which are totally different from what the Marti report said my colors were. Problem is I don't think it has the original seat in it because it's nothing like any other 1968 seat I have ever seen. What should I trust - the VIN or Marti report?
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Big specht

Post by Big specht »

? That is a good question I would like to know the answer too