aftermarket wiring harness recommendations?

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

jhcarper

aftermarket wiring harness recommendations?

Post by jhcarper »

Hi Folks: I am new to Fordification. Working on putting a 70 F100 Long flare side back together. This is a project that has gone from the original intent of bringing this truck back to life for Lowes and Dump runs to a frame off rust repair and paint (not a restoration however).
I am nearing re-assembly and wondered if anyone had recommendations on an affordable aftermarket wiring harness. Does anyone have experience using some of the cheaper non-terminated harnesses that I see on summitt racing and southwest performance?
Thanks for any help you may be able provide.
James
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: aftermarket wiring harness recommendations?

Post by sargentrs »

I bought an EZWiring 21 circuit aftermarket harness from a member a few years ago. Got it for $50 still in the original packaging. For that price it was exactly what I wanted. Haven't actually installed it but looks very complete and high quality. Only shortcoming, to some, is the lack of OEM connectors. Most connections will have to be spliced in if you intend to use the original equipment switches, gauges, etc. Since I'll be installing mostly aftermarket everything electrical it wasn't a major concern. I'm decent at reading wiring diagrams, soldering, splicing and terminating connections and wanted the versatility of an ATO fuse panel and additional circuits. https://www.ezwiring.com/
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
UKPR1

Post by UKPR1 »

If I may ask: what condition is your existing harness in that you're looking to replace it?

Geoff
jhcarper

Post by jhcarper »

I would say my existing harness is garbage. Chassis side was severely cracked and fairly full of old splices. Some of the in cab stuff might be useable. I am looking to keep it all budget freindly and if the budget harnesses are going to require a lot of splicing in I may just repair as much as possible. That type of work is no issue, but want to have something that will be durable.

Thanks for the input on the EZwiring kit that looks comparable to what I have been seeing in the sub 300$ range.