Cab floor wanted

Moderator: FORDification

Drednme

Cab floor wanted

Post by Drednme »

Getting ready to bring the 68 back to life; the main stumbling block is going to be replacing the cab floor. The front mounts rusted out and the cab has been riding on the frame for years warping the floor pretty bad in the process. Anybody in the middle of the country have a cab with a good bottom?
68 F-250, 4x4, 360, 4spd; BMW R1200C; 1995 jeep cherokee XJ RHD
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Cab floor wanted

Post by basketcase0302 »

"Drednme"Getting ready to bring the 68 back to life; the main stumbling block is going to be replacing the cab floor. The front mounts rusted out and the cab has been riding on the frame for years warping the floor pretty bad in the process. Anybody in the middle of the country have a cab with a good bottom?
I think I've only seen one guy, (Jerry Mann maybe) try to replace the entire cab floor here through the years.
Most will replace the cab mounts, (replacements made by a few companines be careful of "Jackie Chan" made ones) and then replace the floor pans.

Did the structural "bends" of the entire floor rust out, (where the floor meets the tunnel etc.). :hmm:

:nopix:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Drednme

Re: Cab floor wanted

Post by Drednme »

The reason there are no pics is because its a parts wanted ad; im not asking for advice. Between rust and being completely and utterly warped, some hammering and new mount brackets are not going to repair this truck satisfactorily. A new cab is out of the question as well. It was my wife's grandfathers truck and has a gorgeous patina that is going to get cleared after a frame off drive train and underpinnings restoration. I understand you are just trying to help, but believe me, Ive got a handle on it.
68 F-250, 4x4, 360, 4spd; BMW R1200C; 1995 jeep cherokee XJ RHD