Corroseal; Amount Needed For Frame Restore?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

OneLeggedBiker

Corroseal; Amount Needed For Frame Restore?

Post by OneLeggedBiker »

Hey y'all, I've been busy trying to keep the '67 F250 project moving forward despite all the craziness going on. Luckily the shop is my sanctuary and has been a good place to escape to since my once desolate work days are now not so desolate with my wife and kids around more than normal. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but when your used to your work days being full of solitude the addition of the family around all the time was quite the adjustment. It's still a balancing act. But, I finally have a fully disassembled truck minus the wheels and axles so I can roll it to my location for the frame cleaning and painting.

My question is... does anyone have a rough idea on how much Corroseal cleaner and Corroseal Rust Converter I may need? :? Or, does anyone know of an accurate way to calculate an amount? :? The stuff isn't cheap but I hear it works. So, the plan is to clean the frame, axles, and all the components and then use the Corroseal Rust Converter and then paint it all.
Dru Furan
A one legged biker always wandering in an attempt to become lost... a rambler. One of the the last true pursuers of our unalienable rights.

1967 F250 2wd - Cast Stamp '72 302, Dana #60, 4 on the floor
1browski

Re: Corroseal; Amount Needed For Frame Restore?

Post by 1browski »

I just used corroseal on my 1972 f250 4wd frame. I bought a gallon. I havent even used a quart. I scraped, sanded, degreased and pressure washed the frame then painted the frame with corroseal with a brush. I am guessing I could do about 4-5 truck frames easily.
OneLeggedBiker

Re: Corroseal; Amount Needed For Frame Restore?

Post by OneLeggedBiker »

Awesome, cause I got a 1.5 gallons of converter and .75 gallons of the cleaner. I plan to scrape, wire brush, sand, pressure wash, use the Corroseal prep degreaser and the Corroseal Converter.

Thanks for the response. That's why :fr:

And for those interested, I plan on documenting the process so I'll post those pics and thoughts about all of it here soon.
Dru Furan
A one legged biker always wandering in an attempt to become lost... a rambler. One of the the last true pursuers of our unalienable rights.

1967 F250 2wd - Cast Stamp '72 302, Dana #60, 4 on the floor