USA Made Inner and Outer Cab Corners

Moderator: FORDification

390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

USA Made Inner and Outer Cab Corners

Post by 390FE1972 »

Just wanted to share with everyone that when I was looking thru the Flashback F100's web page, I noticed that they have added the inner cab corners for 1967 -72 Ford trucks. They are made in the USA, they also sell the outer shell cab corners for 1967-72 that are made in the U.S. Just wanted to share this in case anyone is looking for them. http://www.flashbackf100s.com/usa_made_ ... air_panels Just scroll down near the bottom of the page.

Regards :thup:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: USA Made Inner and Outer Cab Corners

Post by sargentrs »

Sure could have used those several years ago. I had to make my own and it wasn't pretty. :oops:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
SBR_GUY

Post by SBR_GUY »

Thanks for sharing that site. I am building a 67 F100 Styleside longbed and am in need of some good panels. :D
1967 F100 Styleside Longbed W/352FE. Tremec TKX 5 Speed.
:D :D
Just loving life.
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Hopefully someday it wont be an oddity to have our stuff made in the U.S.A. :thup:
The Bandit

Post by The Bandit »

This place is kind of local to me so I plan on getting in contact with them and driving up to pick up some inner corners for mine.
"Don't believe everything you see and read on the internet." Abe Lincoln
1972 F100 custom SWB 302/C4 Auto PS No AC Wimbledon white and rusty..
dtcohen

Post by dtcohen »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the USA made outer cab corners are on back order, and have been for quite some time. I ordered a set from the manufacturer, a company called Tabco, about 2 months ago. Every time I have called about them I have gotten the same story: "we are going to get those in the press this week". This week when I called they said it might be a few months before they get any stamped. I believe the ones that are sold through Flashback F100 come from Tabco. I called Flashback F100 today and they were also out of stock. I am kicking myself for not buying a set when I was there several months ago. At the time I wasn't ready for them and didn't realize they would be in short supply when I needed them.

As for the inner cab corners that Flashback sells, I looked at them in person and was not overly impressed for several reasons. They looked like a hand made piece that was not really that close to the original, they didn't seem like they were big enough to address the area that is typically rusted out, and they were pretty pricey for what they were. Even with the inner cab corner panels I was still going to have to fabricate quite a bit, so I couldn't justify the cost. I am not trying to badmouth Flashback's product, I am just sharing my thoughts. I appreciate that they strive to only carry US made parts.

Flashback's does cut panels out of rust free cabs, so I asked about getting a left and right inner/outer cab corner assembly cut out of a solid cab. He quoted me $160 per side. This didn't sound terribly unreasonable to me considering the labor to get the pieces cut, but it is still a pretty big chunk of change.

Ultimately I ended up ordering a set of outer cab corners from a place called Surplus Supply, which was recommended by Tabco. The parts I ordered are a Taiwan stamping, but are supposedly good quality and made of 19 gauge Sheetmetal. I will see how they look when they get here. I was really trying to avoid this, but I also don't feel like waiting around on a company (Tabco) that can't/won't give me a straight answer on when their product will be available.
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

Sorry buy our cab corners DO NOT Come from Tabco and the company that makes them have been closed down for 2 months so if they open the door tomorrow will have in 2 days see if you asked my wife said that the company that makes them there doors have been shut down for 2 months due to virus, if your cab inner cab corner is rotted out way bigger than what we offer on inner cab corner then your going have to cut a cab corners out, anybody selling Tawain Metal will say anything, but remember Tawian Metal has about 3-4 year life that they will not say and we have had so many say that their body shops cannot WELD Tawain metal but will see how that goes just our :2cents: ,, USA Outer cab corners are still on sale on E-Bay but a lot higher , still can cut some out BUT I cannot be in Calif. then Utah or anyplace and be home same day with stockpiling trucks in our western Yard like being in 3 places at one time +++ Risking mine and Kathy's life with this virus going on ??
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang