Huge news! I'm moving to Kansas...

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Huge news! I'm moving to Kansas...

Post by FORDification »

You know how it is when you've got HUGE news that you want to share with everyone, but you can't tell anyone just yet? You know, you don't want to jinx it because it's still in the works, so you bite your tongue constantly until it's finally written in stone and you KNOW for sure it's going to happen?

Well, I've got something I've been wanting to share with you all that's been in the works for about 6 weeks now and was just finalized yesterday with the signing of some documents...so I can finally let the cat out of bag.

And here it is:

I've been offered a position at LMC Truck, as the new head of the Ford Research & Development (R&D) team....and I've accepted the offer. I will be starting there full-time in about three weeks. Essentially, I'll be in charge of anything that has to do with Ford trucks and Broncos, and Ford-related products sold through LMC's catalogs.

That's right...this isn't a joke. This is really happening!

LMC sees these classic Ford trucks as the next huge market and wanted someone there who knows them very well, to work on expanding available parts and filling holes in the aftermarket offerings. My official title will be 'Ford Parts Manager', and as the head of LMC's Ford R&D team I'll be mostly working to identify Ford truck repair/restoration products that aren't currently being sold through their catalogs and contacting companies to either supply them or manufacture them. We'll provide them with a sample, they'll provide a prototype which I'll inspect for quality and fitment, and if it passes inspections, then I'll OK it for further mass production to be stocked in their warehouses and listed in their future catalogs. And since I know some of you might be wondering, I do believe I'll have some say-so in the quality control of their existing products. That is, if I can find a better version of a product currently being sold by LMC and it's financially feasible to offer that product in the catalogs, then changes will be made to do so.

I'll also be in charge of all eight of LMC's Ford truck catalogs, ensuring that everything is listed completely and correctly as to description, application, etc.

This has been in the works since the beginning of March and I'd probably would have been making this announcement sooner, but the whole COVID19 thing put a stall on the process for a while. There have been numerous e-mails, phone conversations plus a face-to-face interview and tour of the LMC facilities several weeks ago...which lead to yesterday's formal job offer. Everything has been approved and I just sent off the final paperwork to finalize the deal.

I've provided my current employer with my two weeks notice and will now spend the new few weeks getting packed up and ready to relocate to Lenexa, Kansas and renting a place to live. My family will stay here for the time being while we get our current acreage cleaned up and sold, and during this time I'll be making regular 4-hour trips between Kansas and our home in east-central Nebraska on the weekends to help out. Once the acreage is sold, my family will be joining me in Kansas. My wife is graduating this month with her Master's degree in Nursing Education, so relocating to the outskirts of Kansas City will make more opportunities available to her than she would here.

There IS one thing that really sucks about this. You know that shop that I've spend the past few years slowly getting put together? The one in which I finally got concrete poured last fall and got all my car/truck projects, tools and parts inside for the first time? This was supposed to be the summer I finally got to get back to work on those projects in that new shop, dammit! Looking at it realistically, it's probably going to be another year before we've found a place that we both like...she wants the house, I want the shop. But while it's a minor setback on those personal projects, it's a huge step up for both of us, so we're both very excited about the future and looking forward to this new adventure.

It's definitely going to be an interesting chapter of our lives!
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
davelj

Re: Huge news! I'm moving to Kansas...

Post by davelj »

Congratulations! Sounds like a dream job.
1972hiboy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1972hiboy »

Wow, that is amazing news! A big congratulations Keith!
I would love to provide some feedback parts wise and know of a thing or two that isn't available in the aftermarket anywhere.

Good luck with the move and getting things straightened out. Its a big undertaking.

-Richard
Rich
1973 f350 super c/s 460/c6 22k orig miles
1972 f350 srw crewcab special 390
1972 f250 4x4 sport custom 390fe Red
1972 f250 4x4 custom 360 FE " Ranger Ric"
1972 f250 4x4 custom 84k og miles 390
1971 f250 4x4 sport custom 56k og miles. 360
1970 f250 4x4 428 fe hp60 205 d60
Dont eat yellow snow.....
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390FE1972 »

Congratulations!!! Glade to hear your good news. Hope your move goes smoothly! :D :hd: :thup: :woohoo:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
sparky72

Post by sparky72 »

Congratulations! I think we all have things in mind that we want to be able to order from a catalog so be prepared for some unsolicited opinions :D
Taylor
1972 F250 Ranger XLT 2wd / 8100 GVW / 390 / T18 / 3.73 D60
beejaytx225

Post by beejaytx225 »

Absolutely sweet news! To love the trucks and get to be part of a team that makes everyone's dream of this come true has got to be exhilarating. Congrats to y'all!
1968 F-100 Ranger LB
360 w/C6
Peacock Blue
Family nicknamed her "Bethany"
Central Texas
Past Ford's: 1994 Ranger, 2008 Ranger, 1991 Ranger, 1985 Mustang, 1968 SB Custom Cab F100, 1998 Explorer.
Current Ford's: 2011 Ranger, 2006 Expedition, and of course Bethany :)
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Congratulations, awesome news and that really does sound like a dream job!
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Congrats!

Since 2005, jzjames.
I'll be looking at LMC more optimistically from now on.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Keith , Congratulations .
I hope you & your family are very happy and you enjoy your new career for many years.
May God bless you .
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Congratulations! :woohoo: It’s great when you can find a job and make a career doing something you love and have already been doing in your spare time for fun. The move will be stressful but worth it in the end. Hope it goes well for you.
1968F250CAMPERSPECIAL

Post by 1968F250CAMPERSPECIAL »

Congratulations Man!
They are lucky to have you!

Now that we have a guy on the "inside" maybe you can convince them to carry the elusive C7TZ-7A216-A :woohoo:
Crispin
1968 F-250 Camper Special
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by lennyp »

Congratulations. :woohoo: :fr:
The Bandit

Post by The Bandit »

Great news Keith! Congratulations!!
"Don't believe everything you see and read on the internet." Abe Lincoln
1972 F100 custom SWB 302/C4 Auto PS No AC Wimbledon white and rusty..
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Congratulations, Keith! Looking foward to LMC having quality parts that actually fit. With you in charge I'm sure they'll be stepping up their game! :thup: 8)
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Suweet! :thup: :thup: :thup:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html