another german

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

cash667

another german

Post by cash667 »

seems that germans like the old Ford Trucks...last 3 welcome threads all from germany :eek:

anyway - I´m Chris from northwest of germany and im 29 years old. I´m no professional mechanic but I had done a few things to become a hobby mechanic :lol: I did a full resto on 68 Cougar 4 years ago and had several Bike projects.
The reason why I´m here is I recently bought a 68 F250 Camper Special in "project" condition in PHX AZ. Has a swapped in 429 and a 4 speed manual. It came from the factory as an 390 auto. Maybe I´m converting back, not sure about that now. I also recently bought one of these cool F600 instrument cluster - really love it :woohoo:
It´s currently on it´s way to germany and will hopefully arrive at around end of April.

The big masterplan on that guy is doing a little resto to get it back on the road and building a peroid correct camper shell by myself. Here´s what I´m thinking (or dreaming) about:

Since the older Trucks are not that well known as mustangs in germany there are not much knowledge resources. I hope to get a few special information on this car here in the forum.
And of course I will try to help as well - maybe with some electrical things. (I´m doing radio conversions, mustang sequential tail light conversions and cougar repro sequencers)

of course a few pic´s of my US classics:
68 Cougar 302 std. 3-speed manual

68 F250 Camper Special 429 4-speed manual

Cheers
Chris
1968 Mercury Cougar 302
1968 Ford F250 Camper Special 429
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: another german

Post by basketcase0302 »

:wel: Chris from a "Yank" who's set foot on your homeland before!
USN got a few miles from Hamburg way...back in the early 80's.
Both the Cougar, (wow...hidden headlights option wa rare!) and the bump rock man!

Stay safe in our "new world" and for the record guys...YES GERMAN'S CAN OUT DRINK US YANKS LOL! :burp:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
hot-rod

Post by hot-rod »

:wel: on board from southern germany. Nice to see more german guys here :thup:
basketcase0302 wrote:..... and for the record guys...YES GERMAN'S CAN OUT DRINK US YANKS LOL! :burp:
Oh man, you made my day Image
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Former nuke submarine sailor who's drank ale with the British / German / Italy / Russian / Spain and Japanese sailors from around the world but ya'll got us beat hands down by the alcohol content, (our "wimpy" US alcohol beer standards put us at like 5%)! :eek:

I got to see one of my fav musicians at the time play in concert there in Germany, (Mike Oldfield). And I also came real...close to going AWOL, (basically get hanged by our government by doing so LOL-well at least jailed for many years for desertion of our military) by the beauty of your homeland ladies there LOL! :yes:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

:wel: from Georgia !
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
cash667

Post by cash667 »

Thanks for your warm welcome guys :fr:

It´s beer a clock right now :drool:
4 speed Toploader is in now the cougar and drives awesome...much better than the old 3 speed and I like the new hurst shifter :thup:

cheers
Chris
1968 Mercury Cougar 302
1968 Ford F250 Camper Special 429
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

:wel: from Ohio

It's ALWAYS beer o'clock in Deutschland! In my 5 years there I tried to drink the country dry and failed miserably..... :lol:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR