Rear bumper.

General Discussion Topic Archives
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: Rear bumper.

Post by Comet »

FORDification wrote:Comet: That statute doesn't mean they're required, just that they need to be maintained so as not to protrude past the body, which could be a hazard to other vehicles and pedestrians.

Ahh, yes Keith! I knew it was there somewhere. My search for bumper RCW somehow missed the real one I was looking for. I feel vindicated.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
alvinator
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Rear bumper.

Post by alvinator »

reading all this makes me glad to be in texas where we have bumpers, rollpans, no bumpers or "what the hell was that" on the backs of trucks. :rock:
flywheel

Post by flywheel »

I was really nice. If you loose your cool with the cops it gets real ugly fast. I did the yes ser stuff, He just could not stand to see a man so happy in a cool ford pu. Sad cuz i could help him get one. Bad cop No Ford! I think it's petty if you hit me in the rear you lose. Bumper or no bumper. In Auburn WA you will go to jail if you tie giraffe to a phone pol. This is a law. In Phoenix AZ It is legal to beat your wife on the courthouse steps on sunday only. It's a law. Bumper on a pu in WA. Stupid. I'm still not going to put one on. And thats that! But was this on all 1969 ford pu's as factory standard part? I did not have to put seat belts in my 1031 ford and it's a law hear too. Thanks Flywheel
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i would say if you can get something from ford that says the truck came from the factory with no bumper you could beat the ticket.
tazzman68

Post by tazzman68 »

Hey there everyone, I am going to do some checking today, but i don't believe it is required on a vehicle where the rear bumper was an option. A buddy of mine went through this a few years back, and the issue got dropped before it ever went to court (he hired a lawyer) But I think there is a hidden exemption somewhere.
bleedfordblue

Post by bleedfordblue »

hey flywheel.... you have a ford that was made in 1031?!? I wonder what something like that is worth.....
I'd rather be shooting yankees....

and terrorists.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

if it was made in 1031 then its probably made out of wood. only kidding must be typo.