Flasher replacement for led bulbs swap

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Flasher replacement for led bulbs swap

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

mac6150 wrote:I have a 1972 F250 and have similar issues with mine. Now, they work great until I turn the parking lights or head lights on. Once on, the front turn signal no longer flash. The back works fine. Also, the emergency flasher only works on the rear lights, is that normal? Now that the weather is starting to turn nice I'll probably take another look at the front parking lights and try to figure out what is going on.

I'm guessing the wiring didn't change a whole lot from 1968-1972 so they should flash both front and back on the emergency flashers - as soon as I made the changes i listed everything started working like it's supposed to so I'm guessing unless you have wiring issue it should work on yours also - I read alot of things saying you can't upgrade to led bulbs on older vehicles but it's working on mine so I think there's alot of misinformation out there........ :hmm:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
cash667

Re: Flasher replacement for led bulbs swap

Post by cash667 »

I´m using these China relays for a while in several projects - no matter if incandescent bulb oder LED. It can handle power up to 20A @ 12V and so its also suitable for 3-bulb tail lights or power trailor lights
Most important: speed is adjustable

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-3PIN-Adjust ... Swh~Nefb-v
1968 Mercury Cougar 302
1968 Ford F250 Camper Special 429