Gremlin in wiring

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

KulpFarm

Gremlin in wiring

Post by KulpFarm »

I have a gremlin in my wiring and was wondering if there is any commonality with horn, turn signals, and high beam lights?

One by one, things are dropping off. In a very preliminary look, no signs of damage by age or rodents.

Help would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by KulpFarm on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Gremlin in wiring

Post by basketcase0302 »

"KulpFarm"]I have a gremlin in my wiring and was wondering if there is any commonality with horn, turn signals, and high beam lights?

One by one, things are dropping off. In a very preliminary look, no signs of damage by age or rodents.

Other than bad grounds to all three, (separate) circuits there isn't really a common single point to make all three fail at once. :(
The horn will usually be at the brush under the steering wheel / turn signals usually either bad grounds or the switch / and the high beams will usually be due to the dimmer switch on the floor.

What year bump? :hmm:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
KulpFarm

Post by KulpFarm »

It’s a 1972
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

This might help in the future:

I also recommend getting one of these, (I kept mine rolled up in the dash pocket) as they are a lifesaver out on the road when electrical gremlins come up. I didn't see the one for your 72' but pretty sure they'd have it. Maybe send them an message to confirm as it will save you a lot...of money and time!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-71-Ford-F ... 546d260f92
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

basketcase0302 wrote:
"KulpFarm"]I have a gremlin in my wiring and was wondering if there is any commonality with horn, turn signals, and high beam lights?

Other than bad grounds to all three, (separate) circuits there isn't really a common single point to make all three fail at once. :(
The horn will usually be at the brush under the steering wheel / turn signals usually either bad grounds or the switch edit: also look for the flasher as it is a common fault problem(up under the dash) / and the high beams will usually be due to the dimmer switch on the floor.

What year bump? :hmm:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4