Wiring issues, what's new

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

lloyd70cs

Wiring issues, what's new

Post by lloyd70cs »

Hi guys

So got the pertronix 2 and coil and new Tach wired in and working well but now checking the rest of the electrical I'm having issues.

Front lights work as do interior lights.
Front passenger turn signal works but not drivers side.
Rear turn signals both show on the drivers side, doesn't matter if which side is selected.
No tail lights or brake lights

I take it this is the TSS but was wondering if I should check other things first.
Thanks

Lloyd
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Wiring issues, what's new

Post by sargentrs »

Read through this thread for some possible insight. https://m.fordification.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89555
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
lloyd70cs

Post by lloyd70cs »

got some homework done last night! Arts and Crafts time!
Wiring Diagram 1970 F250.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

:woohoo: good times ahead! 8) Do like I did. Take a day off work when your wife is at work. Bring it all in to the coffee table, crank up the jam and get in the zone :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

lloyd70cs wrote:got some homework done last night!
BTDT
Working on the 70 F250 did exactly that, got real familiar with the wiring.
Turns out most of the problems were some 'house' wiring added to the truck, and just crusty connections and filthy light sockets.
Spend about an hour just going around all the lamp sockets, cleaning, adding grease and tightening connections. Pulled the light switch to park, I was amazed at how everything actually worked. While at it took the rear lenses out cleaned and then polished them. Wow, I was surprised at how bright those dull tail/brake lights became. Haven't heard anyone lockup their brakes behind the F250 in quite a while.
-Michael
lloyd70cs

Post by lloyd70cs »

Well, still having electrical issues. My rear lights are giving me grief. I have no driving/parking lights in the back and it doesn't matter which blinker I turn on I only get my left turn signal light and side marker and my right side marker flashing in the rear at the same time (the front all work fine). Also, no brake lights.

Any thoughts? Thanks
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Time for a deep dive into the harness. I would grab a test light and start from the rear checking power at every harness connector. The power starts at the fuse box to the brake light switch to the wiper switch to the TSS then to the lights. Check the brake light switch connector first. If you have power going to it. jumper across the connector then go to the rear and work your way forward, checking every socket along the way.
Randy
lloyd70cs

Post by lloyd70cs »

I haven't checked my post market trailer connection yet though so probably start there, then the other stuff.
lloyd70cs

Post by lloyd70cs »

Well, almost there. Everything works except rear turn signal and back up lights.

My wife homeschools the kids so no zone to jam in unfortunately!