bulletproof overdrive trans?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: bulletproof overdrive trans?

Post by cdeal28078 »

bleedfordblue wrote:1500 does semm like a lot, but that isn't much when you drive it a lot on the highway. probably pays for itself pretty quickly, not to mention making the truck more enjoyable to own and drive. I think it would be super cool to pull out somewhere and shift up four times in front of someone who is paing attention.
Spend a little more and put in a Gearvendors unit. Then you can shift up 6 times. lol
Clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
bleedfordblue

Re: re: bulletproof overdrive trans?

Post by bleedfordblue »

cdeal28078 wrote:
bleedfordblue wrote:1500 does semm like a lot, but that isn't much when you drive it a lot on the highway. probably pays for itself pretty quickly, not to mention making the truck more enjoyable to own and drive. I think it would be super cool to pull out somewhere and shift up four times in front of someone who is paing attention.
Spend a little more and put in a Gearvendors unit. Then you can shift up 6 times. lol
Clint
A little more???? Have you ever priced those things??? A unit for my truck, at a minimum will cost me 2,695.00! That's after I change my three speed ot for a clunky four speed, (albeit not as clunky as the three speed).

Compare that to 1000 dollars for a newly rebuilt nv4500 and a 300 dollar adapter plate.
I'd rather be shooting yankees....

and terrorists.