CPP - Classic Performance Products Inc.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

five 0 tech

CPP - Classic Performance Products Inc.

Post by five 0 tech »

:cuss: pretty much sums it up!
I ordered and paid for parts advertised as "in stock" on May 17th. Three months and countless excuses later, I have received my parts.
Quality product but not worth the stress of wondering if you've been scammed!
FLASH 1

Re: CPP - Classic Performance Products Inc.

Post by FLASH 1 »

we used to do a lot with them,, even had there name on our trailer as well, But when the moved few years back their whole dealer program changed wants us to buy 10 of say disc brake kits etc... And then look on E Bay they are selling same part cheaper than dealer program we had buy into so bottom line a lot of companies relied on people to get their name out and the Bang your canned off their program
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

five 0 tech wrote::cuss: pretty much sums it up!
I ordered and paid for parts advertised as "in stock" on May 17th. Three months and countless excuses later, I have received my parts.

Wish I would have seen this before I ordered my rear sway bar from them.... :roll: ....guess it's good I'm not in any hurry for it and at least the price was way better than anyone else..........
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
five 0 tech

Post by five 0 tech »

FLASH 1 wrote:we used to do a lot with them,, even had there name on our trailer as well, But when the moved few years back their whole dealer program changed wants us to buy 10 of say disc brake kits etc... And then look on E Bay they are selling same part cheaper than dealer program we had buy into so bottom line a lot of companies relied on people to get their name out and the Bang your canned off their program

Yup! seen it many times.
five 0 tech

Post by five 0 tech »

Ohiotinkerer wrote:

Wish I would have seen this before I ordered my rear sway bar from them.... :roll: ....guess it's good I'm not in any hurry for it and at least the price was way better than anyone else..........

Did you get your parts yet??
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

five 0 tech wrote:
Ohiotinkerer wrote:

Did you get your parts yet??
Not yet....I got an email that says it should ship next week so I'm giving them until then before I call......why they advertise "in stock" then take a month and a half to ship is beyond me......... :roll:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Called today and they are "waiting on the manufacturer to produce it" and it's scheduled to ship on Dec 2nd......my biggest question that went unanswered was why was it advertised as in stock and my initial email from them was it would ship in 24-48 hours after the order was received? Only reasons I haven't cancelled it is because I'm not in a hurry for it and their price was a little over $100 less than anyone else I priced......... :roll:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
five 0 tech

Post by five 0 tech »

Ohiotinkerer wrote:Called today and they are "waiting on the manufacturer to produce it" and it's scheduled to ship on Dec 2nd......my biggest question that went unanswered was why was it advertised as in stock and my initial email from them was it would ship in 24-48 hours after the order was received? Only reasons I haven't cancelled it is because I'm not in a hurry for it and their price was a little over $100 less than anyone else I priced......... :roll:
Same exact run around B.S. I got from them. Apparently this is a normal way of doing business for them!
RottenAppleRed

Post by RottenAppleRed »

Eff’em
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

A lot of Companies do that known as working Capital for them +++ lot getting interest money as well and that is why we do not back order holding peoples money,, will back order the part but do not charge till its in our hands just like we do not drop ship cause I want to see the part to be sure it's correct unlike a lot drop ships..
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Well just got off the phone with them again and they are "still waiting on the manufacturer to ship it" and "they have had slow service from them in the past" and the new ship date is the 26th of December..........how is it I can buy an Addco sway bar from Jegs today and it will be here tomorrow then? I'm about to cancel it and just pay the extra i saved buying from them just to end this s@#&show......... :roll:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
jamesdfo

Post by jamesdfo »

Call your credit card Co, explain the situation,and they will likely get your $$ back.

As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't be charging it to your card until it is sitting in their warehouse in a box, addressed to you, waiting for UPS, Fed Ex, etc to come get it.
If things got real bad and they went under, you may/may not get your $$ back if the charge to your card was made that far back.....
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

:yt:

And I have another one that I'm gonna do that to also.....Andy's Auto Sport......I ordered the front sway bar from them and getting the same runaround.......2 months and nothing but excuses.....2 places I won't order from again and highly recommend everyone else stay away from them both.......... :cuss:

Just gonna order them both from Jegs.........they are only about 50 miles from me and the little extra cost is worth the much better service I'll get....... :wink:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Well I just checked Jegs and some other places and NOBODY has the front and rear sway bars for our bumps in stock - 1-2 month wait and ships directly from the manufacturer........now that's not a problem if these places are upfront about that and dont charge your card until it ships but the 2 bonehead places I ordered from advertise "in stock and ships in 24-48 hours" and they charge your card as soon as you order.......... :x

On the plus side Jegs has the front on sale for $166 and the rear for $192.........both have a wait time on them though but they are upfront about it at least.........

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

FINALLY got emails today they've shipped after almost 2 1/2 months - CPP order (rear sway bar) will be here Friday and got a tracking number but no delivery date for the Andy's Auto Sport order (front sway bar).......now just waiting to see if it's what I ordered or not...... :roll: ..........and if everything is correct i gotta wait until spring now to put them on because it's put away for the winter and can't be worked on....... :x

1997 Honda CBR 900RR