Neutral Saftey switch connections.

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

AJ70

Neutral Saftey switch connections.

Post by AJ70 »

I’m having an issue with some of my wiring. Like on a lot of these old truck some people rig stuff up and take short cuts. Some of my wiring has been cut and I’m missing connectors as I’m repairing the truck I don’t have my reverse lights truck is a 1970 f250. The neutral saftey switch on the colum is intact, what I’m trying to figure out is what the connectors from the transmission(C6) and the harness look like. If been able to pull some connectors that I’m missing from my local junkyard but can’t seem to find the correct switch coming from the transmission.

Does anyone have any pictures they could provide on where it connects and a close look at the connectors.

Thank you
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Neutral Saftey switch connections.

Post by sargentrs »

On an automatic transmission, the neutral safety switch operates strictly from the ignition based on the position of the shift lever operating the pin on the switch. There is no transmission connection.
Last edited by sargentrs on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
The Bandit

Post by The Bandit »

The backup lights and things all work from the neutral safety switch on the bottom of your column there are no connections on the transmission for these things. I'm sure you probably have but make sure the pin on the clip isnt broken for the switch like everyone of them usually is.
"Don't believe everything you see and read on the internet." Abe Lincoln
1972 F100 custom SWB 302/C4 Auto PS No AC Wimbledon white and rusty..
DisneysPatB
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by DisneysPatB »

1970 F250 460 C6 - Project - Currently not running.
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4 x 4 5.9 Magnum -not running.
1999 Toyota Corolla - Daily Driver.

https://fordification.com/forum/app.php ... y/album/43