Rear bumper junk yard find options

Moderator: FORDification

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Rear bumper junk yard find options

Post by Zorm »

Has anyone put a Ford Expedition rear bumper on our Trucks? or another bumper from any other vehicle for that mater? I found a 70s/80 dodge van that has a clean rear chrome bumper and then I found the Expedition bumpers which when I measured, are about 1" wider then our beds at the bottom. I like the look of no bolts, the Dodge van has the bolts on top, about 4. The Expedition ones have no bolts showing.

I know anything can be made to fit but seeing if anyone has done it, kinda looking for pictures. Thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
jamesdfo

Re: Rear bumper junk yard find options

Post by jamesdfo »

This isn't that much help, as the OP didn't positively ID the bumper, but if I was a betting man, I'd say it was Dodge VAN??

See last post on pg 1, all it said is "I finally mounted the bed and made up custom brackets for the rear bumper, which is some kind of Dodge truck bumper i trimmed to fit the tail gate opening."

http://www.slick60s.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=32276

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Rear bumper junk yard find options

Post by Zorm »

that looks real close to the one I found on the dodge van. I mean, it would just need notches cut out of it which would be easy. The Expedition bumpers I am talking about are from the earlier ones like below.

http://www.2040-parts.com/_content/item ... 16/001.jpg

They are about 73" long, the notch is about an inch in from the end, its 2 1/2" deep and 5" wide. Found one like in the link and a few others with the black top. I would make the brackets so the bumper is butted real close to the body. I really don't like how the factory non-step bumper sticks out so far.
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life