Pro Comp Steel Wheels Are Rubbish!

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Pro Comp Steel Wheels Are Rubbish!

Post by 69timemachine »

While I haven't used them on my F100, I can say with confidence that the Pro Comp 15x7 steel wheels are horrible. I bought an '02 Ranger that the previous owner had put a set of them on. I was fighting an issue with a vibration and found that two of the wheels were slightly and two of the wheels were majorly running out-of-round (imagine a fuel pump eccentric). I'm talking like 1/8" out! I moved the worst two to the rear as a temporary fix until I could buy a new pair of wheels to replace those two. I ordered two new wheels, took them out of the box and bolted them on the rear, put the truck in drive with it on stands, and those two brand new wheels are also running about 1/8" out-of-round! I sent an email to Pro Comp a couple of weeks ago and have heard back absolutely nothing! The best advice I can give you is to buy nothing steel from Pro Comp. Spend a little more money and buy American Racing or Cragar steel wheels. If you have a vehicle that never sees pavement, only mud pits or rock crawling, then the Pro Comp would work, but don't put them on the street unless you love vibration!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400