Ranger Dash Trim

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

cstoyer

Ranger Dash Trim

Post by cstoyer »

Does anyone have any information on the hole that is in the dash for the clips that hold the trim around the glove box and below the ash tray? Size, Shape?

cstoyer
68 F250 4x4
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Ranger Dash Trim

Post by 390FE1972 »

From reading here on the website one of the members used a 3/16" drill bit. Here is the quote: " The 3/16" hole like Fordman suggested worked perfect and it snapped right in and it is tight. I randomly drilled the holds for the clips.  I marked the holes first with a marker and then tapped it with a punch to get the drill bit started.  I didn't want it to 'run away' and scratch up my dash.  I then used a smaller bit and then worked up to the 3/16".  Make sure you drill the holes right because once the clips snap in, they don't come out". The 1967 Ranger trim is different from the 1968-72 trim due to the heater controls. There is a post dated July 7, 2010 that shows the Ranger Trim Clip pictures. I plan on adding this trim to my dash in the future. I found a Ranger in the junk yard and got the trim. I cut out the dash section so I could put the holes in the correct places, but this is not necessary.

Good Luck
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears