Reverse light wiring

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

Scotthw

Reverse light wiring

Post by Scotthw »

I got a 1970 f100 that was basicly just a body on a frame but was manual as i have a clutch pedal and and a hole in the floor over where the trans would have been so i put it on a 1979 4x4 frame with a 460 paired to a c6 from a 78 bronco any how im tring to figure out how to wire the reverse lights to the original wiring i got a couple extra plugs not used up by the driver side firewall that im not sure what they are for since the truck didnt have a trans or motor in it and i got the 4 wires coming up from the c6 that i know are the neutral satey and reverse switch
Thanks
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Reverse light wiring

Post by sargentrs »

Did you change the steering column, too? From manual to automatic? The reason I ask is that the manual transmission columns had a button mounted to the column in the engine bay so the shift lever would push the button. The auto columns had the NSS/reverse lights switch mounted on the column under the dash.

Edit: Scratch that. 4x4 original floor shift so no levers on column?
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Scotthw

Post by Scotthw »

Yes i swaped out steering coloums but mine would have been 4 on the floor set up when it was standard
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Here's the '72 Master diagram that shows how that's wired up. Might give some clues. http://www.fordification.com/tech/wirin ... ing_04.jpg
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Should be a plug under the dash by the column with four wires. One pair will be the neutral circuit and the other pair the reverse. I want to say red on one pair and black on the other. I forget the stripe colors at the moment. If you have a manual setup the red wire will just loop around and go back into the plug. The other pair gets tied to your switch.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Scotthw

Post by Scotthw »

Thanks guys figured it out it was one of the spare plugs by the fire wall when i would test it with a test light they wouldnt come on but made a jumper wire and they lit up now i just have to conect the wire from the side of the trans to them and should work