Mr Basket, thank you sir for the good advice/information. :fr:

It is good to know . :fr:

Merry Christmas.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Beware of Rock Auto

Post by BobbyFord »

Parts were confirmed returned three days ago.
No response from emails, no correspondence, no refund.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

basketcase0302 wrote:
"BobbyFord"]
Ranchero50 wrote:Never had a problem with them, wonder if BBF didn't get someones "return"?
Why would anyone remove manufacturer stickers from the shocks?
If I don’t get compensated for my purchase price and shipping I will file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC.
The ball is in their court. I hope they do the right thing.
They will have the shocks so they’ll be able to inspect the tampering.
Bobby you can also file the complaint here, (as it appears you ordered them from the net).
These guys are like my pitbulls on cats when it comes to fraud on the internet. :wink:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I had to file suit against Paypal a few years ago and the IC3 division was the only way I could resolve it to my satisfaction. :thup:
Agreed stop them before any other "discount" parts suppliers get the same idea they can get away with it. :cuss:
Thanks for the link, bud.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

More than welcome my friend.
When even the biggest dogs in commerce hear IC3 they usually start cleaning up their act.
Maybe someone needs to give Monroe shocks a heads up that they are being copyright infringed / pirated / bootlegged by Rock Auto too. :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
1962Falcon

Post by 1962Falcon »

I used to buy from Rock auto had a few issues with them not sending right parts. I worked for a Ford dealership for about a year in the parts department and we would get calls from Rock auto trying to buy all our old stock for like pennies on the dollar. We never sold to them though cause the owner of the dealership wanted more $ than Rock was willing to pay. So ya you'll probably run across stuff that has been opened before or reboxed or even sold and returned. And whoever did the return didn't bother to make sure the parts that were sold were in there. It happens.
davelj

Post by davelj »

Buying from Rock Auto is like buying from any big box stores. You are always at risk of getting someone's miss boxed return because the people handling the stuff have no idea what they are looking at.

My big issue with them is shipping. I have caught them trying to tag me with multiple shipping fees when they should not. When you order more than 3 items at once, they are always "out" of one of them at a location and charge extra fees to ship from a different warehouse. If you delete items from your cart, the location shipped from will change on the remaining items and you can see that they had them all in stock at a single location.
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Lack of a customer service department is really my only issue with them. Bought a brake booster for my F-100 through them last November and it came with a 1 year warranty. At the time they had two different boosters listed as in stock as well as offering a "return and rebuild" service through Prior Automotive. Well back in June/July that brake booster was determined to be bad and wouldn't you know it, they were all out of stock. I couldn't return for exchange because they didn't have any available and I couldn't return for refund because no one had one available. (I've still got an open back order at Summit Racing 3-4 months later to have a spare.) Being still under warranty, it could have been sent back to the re-manufacturer for repair, but it had to be returned through selling distributor and no one at RockAuto to deal with for getting this straight. Basically that 1 year warranty I got with the part was useless. By the time all this went down they weren't even listing the "return and rebuild" services any more. Finally had to go through a local shop to send it off for rebuild through a third party which cost an additional $230 over the original $80 purchase price of the booster. That was the only way I could insure that I ended up with a working booster that fit my build. Hindsight I would go aftermarket booster/master combo.

I'll still use them for small parts, just not for a warranty item like that unless it's one hell of a good price (IE: still worth it as a core).

As for the shipping thing mentioned above. That's because the part's are located at multiple warehouses, and FWIW those warehouses are not named A B and C that letter designation is only added to signify a different warehouse. Some things are at A, some things are only at B or C. Some stuff is at all of them. If you order contains parts that are only at warehouse A and only at warehouse B, as well as parts that are at all then the parts are going to ship from A and B. If you removed a part that was only at Warehouse A, but everything else can be had from Warehouse B, well B is going to become the new A. If you remove those parts that are only at A or B, then everything might ship from Warehouse C because it's closer to you. They are going to ship everything they can in the least packages possible and lowest cost possible. It's logistics and it doesn't always make sense to the consumer.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

Rock Auto is like buying from LMC, My Grandson trying to buy a Radiator from Rock Auto for his F-350, 3 times sent and all 3 times sent back, finally I ordered one locally delivered at no charge and right first time.. Went twice to LMC and compared what they had on display with picking the part up and was half if not more of the weight on what its suppose to be and just listened to the people behind the counter, they would not a Ford Truck if it bitten them in the rear. I guess that's why the day we where all there that day from Slick 60's they had a Ford Truck in showroom :lol: :lol:
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang