Interior colors

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Interior colors

Post by JoshT »

My 68 was originally Rangoon Red (68 "J" Paint Code), with "E81" body code for Red crush vinyl and red leeds pattern woven plastic. Never saw this body on the truck.

The current body is Royal Maroon & Wimbledon White (70 "BM" paint code) and the body code is "E 4" for Red/Dk. Red vinyl. Personally I think id call it a maroon rather than red.

I will eventually be repainting the truck and am undecided on a paint color. It'll either be one of the above two, or a burnt copper color. For the stock colors, interior will remain same red it came as. For burnt copper, it'll be tan if I repaint the interior to match body, or undecided if I leave it white.

Getting the truck cleaned up and there are a few colored interior pieces I'd like to replace due to deterioration and wear. Hate to replace parts with red if I'll be changing colors in a few years, but I suppose most of it could be died and reused, and some of them will make the truck nicer to be in. Dash pad has got to be replaced, might dump it for now, but it will get reinstalled as soon as I can afford new one. Door arm rests and other odds bits need to be replaced as well IMO.

Headliner in current body is white perforated board with white trim. I see new ones available in perforated or ABS, but all seem to be gray and die to match (or maybe buy pre-died from somewhere).

1) Was the 68 and 70 Red interiors the same dark red color?

2) How do the red interior pieces from DC/NPD/LMC, match the stock red/dark red interior? Pictures look like a match, but you know how pictures are.

3) Black works with everything and die it later? (Dash pad only comes in black anyway)

4) Headliner, perforated board or ABS? White or other color?
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
1968f250429

Re: Interior colors

Post by 1968f250429 »

I have a black abs headliner new in package, if your interested. Bought from another forum member and was told it was the original panel board one. Dont really want the abs one so I'll let it go for the $75 I paid plus shipping. Let me know.