Battlefield Parkway (Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia) meet-N-greet

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Battlefield Parkway (Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia) meet-N-greet

Post by basketcase0302 »

Well it does qualify as a meet-N-greet even if there were only two LOL!
Finally after chatting / messaging / replying to our moderator here DuckRyder (Robert) since around 2006 I was able to meet him today.
Still can't believe he'd drive all this ways for an obsolete dash light, (it's my lie let me tell it how I see fit now Robert LOL).
No pics just a real fine hour of truck and family talk-and yes the time does fly when your with fellow bump enthusiasts talking trucks folks.
Life is short guys...it's not real hard to do (set up a meet-N-greet) even if only two of you show up-do it. :thup:

P.S. Was an honor meeting you Robert, hope to see you again soon my friend. :pray:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
DuckRyder

Re: Battlefield Parkway (Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia) meet-N-greet

Post by DuckRyder »

And no old trucks :( Though there were 2 newer Ford “trucks” even if one was a van and one was a SUV.

I was nice to put a face with handle, and one of the long time members and contributors and share some ideas and plans... Maybe the next time it will be bump related... Like picking up that cab...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
DuckRyder

Re: Battlefield Parkway (Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia) meet-N-greet

Post by DuckRyder »

Greetings Peeps.

The Ranger XLT migrated to the TN house last weekend.

@ the Pilot is Resaca (not too far form Battlefield parkway) I meet a fellow ford trucker who said he had a 71 and was on the Facebook page.

Unfortunately we didn't talk long because i was trying to catch up with my bride in the other truck... Also my hearing was a little bad due to UltraFlows at 3800 RPM for 125 miles. :D

7.5 MPG BTW.

Pass along my apology if I seemed ungracious, would have liked to show him around the truck, but was on a time crunch (isn't it always a time crunch)...

R
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper