Sealing bump side rain gutters:

Moderator: FORDification

biggurn

Sealing bump side rain gutters:

Post by biggurn »

As many of us have this issue, I thought I would share what I used for Project Floyd. After a great deal of research, I decided on using this product: Evercoat FIB-822 Maxim OEM Bead Type Seam Sealer. It has a 5 minute work time (works like caulk or silicone) without running like so many other products. The other major bonus, while it is a two part product, no special caulking gun required! It fits right into a normal caulking gun and comes with two applicator tips. Can be top coated (painted) in 30 minutes. It is a little spendy, around $45 on Amazon.

Pretty simple to apply. I first chipped all the old sealant out (no holes fortunately). Then proceded to sand the entire gutter with 180 grit sand paper. Wash clean with acetone, allow to dry. Once dry, just apply it like you would caulk or silicone, filling the gutter with sealant and leveling with a finger (wear some latex type gloves).

The Fords:
2016 SuperDuty F350 LWB Crew 6.2L
2019 Ford Expedition Max 3.5L
1993 F350 LWB Crew 460
1988 Ford Bronco II 2.9L
1970 F100 (full frame swap Crown Vic Underpinning, LS Powered, 4L80E)
1968 F250 Highboy (LS Powered, 4L80E)
67 short box

Re: Sealing bump side rain gutters:

Post by 67 short box »

I need to do this, no holes and really no rust but the old stuff is cracking and separating. lucky the ole pickup lived in a barn for 27 years. that looks really good. thanks for sharing