Windshield replacing

Moderator: FORDification

jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Windshield replacing

Post by jzjames »

Howdy all, so if I spring for a new windshield, do I need to provide my own windshield gasket (Dennis Carpenter), to be sure they’re not giving me their cheaper one?

I had a windshield replaced on another car and they provided a substandard (smaller) gasket. ( At full price I wasn’t happy)
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Windshield replacing

Post by Bullitt74 »

Absolutely get the Dennis Carpenter gasket in advance. Their company prides themselves on their gasket and rubber seal quality, and have taken measures to ensure their product meets or exceeds OEM specs. The problem is that while other brands might fit, no one really reports back 5 or even 10 years later on whether they held up.

My opinion - worthy investment if you plan to keep your truck for awhile. :thup:

P.S. - now would be a good time to consider stainless window trim if you don't have that option already.
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
Ranchero50

Re: Windshield replacing

Post by Ranchero50 »

Anymore it's a toss up. D/C went the China route a couple years ago while still spouting about made with OEM tooling and Ford 'approved'.

From personal experience and also seeing it on one of the install documents, seal your glass to the gasket and the gasket to the body. I didn't and get rain weeping in. Been a persistent PITA.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.