76 F250 Camper Special Tow Rig

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Joshgt87

Re: 76 F250 Camper Special Tow Rig

Post by Joshgt87 »

I also did some work to the interior. I put down some of the peel and seal sound deadener and also got the seat recovered. I got to drive it once with the new seat. It was awesome lol.

***Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 15 Sa di

***Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 15 Sa di

I still need to order carpet, get the dash redone, and do a headliner. I’ll get there eventually.

*** Ranchero50 - Mod edit, did you post these spam links or did they come with ibb's image link? Weird...
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Manny »

Your stuff for the cylinder heads show up yet? Also what sound prevented stuff?
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).
Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

Still waiting on the valve springs my buddy said. I just used the peel and seal from lowes. Seems to be pretty good what little bit I drove it.
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Yeah, Peel n Seal comes highly recommended by lots of people here and on other forums. Pretty inexpensive compared to products like Dynamat. Home Depot stocks a similar product but a different brand. I've heard it smells pretty strong though.
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Manny »

Jacksdad wrote:Yeah, Peel n Seal comes highly recommended by lots of people here and on other forums. Pretty inexpensive compared to products like Dynamat. Home Depot stocks a similar product but a different brand. I've heard it smells pretty strong though.
The other off brand i have used was the rockmat you can find on ebay. its 50 sq ft for $80 it worked out well in my brothers 350. Have heard about the peel and seal though.
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).
Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

I read all the reviews about the smells. I haven’t really noticed it. The glue from the new seat is worse than anything lol.
IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

I used Peel and Seal all over the inside of the cab. No smells and made a difference. The other thing that made a difference is putting some jute padding above the headliner with the peel and seal.

Barry
Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

IN2FORD wrote:I used Peel and Seal all over the inside of the cab. No smells and made a difference. The other thing that made a difference is putting some jute padding above the headliner with the peel and seal.

Barry
You used the peel and seal and your roof? Does it stay put pretty good? I’ve read where people say not to put it any where vertical because it may not adhere. But I scrubbed my panels clean, then wiped with alcohol.
Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

I also wrapped my headers. I’ve never wrapped headers before. The first one was the drivers side, it turned out pretty sloppy. The second I was happy with. They guy I bought these from said they should fit the Windsor in my truck, I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Also I bought a water pump from flowkooler. If it doesn’t do anything to improve the cooling, that impeller is still sexy lol

trust poem
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Nice work! :thup:
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

Thanks hfdco4!

I talked to the guys at airbagit.com and apparently this is how these tie rod relocators are supposed to be installed. But I’m sure I’ll have to hammer them in, and there will be no getting them out. Any ideas?

IN2FORD
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by IN2FORD »

Joshgt87 wrote:
IN2FORD wrote:I used Peel and Seal all over the inside of the cab. No smells and made a difference. The other thing that made a difference is putting some jute padding above the headliner with the peel and seal.

Barry
You used the peel and seal and your roof? Does it stay put pretty good? I’ve read where people say not to put it any where vertical because it may not adhere. But I scrubbed my panels clean, then wiped with alcohol.
I have not had any issues yet, but I have not looked either.:) Plus with the added jute padding between the peel and seal and the headliner, it should stay put. There is pressure keeping it in place. I also put it inside of the doors and it is staying put so far.

Barry
Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

Well I’ve made quite a bit of progress. I got the engine more or less put together I just have some odds and ends to wrap up. Then I got the motor installed in the truck this morning, and the transmission, only to run into a few problems I knew I’d have, and unfortunately some I didn’t realize.

Joshgt87

Post by Joshgt87 »

He transmission cooler is one I got from a v10 excursion for $12! The black cooler is going to be the location of the oil cooler.

The headers I got don’t fit. Nice to know after I head blasted them, painted, then wrapped them.

The motor is crooked, I haven’t figured this one out. It points to the passenger side. The perches are from an302 and the motor mounts are for a 351. 96 model.

The dipstick is in a weird spot but that’s an easy fix.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do about the motor or the headers at this point. I’m open to any and all suggestions though.

I finally got the lowering kit figured out. I’m so close to driving this rig again I can’t wait!
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

The Home Depot brand is the one that I heard smells pretty strong. Haven't heard anyone complain about Peel N Seal so that's the one I'm going with in the bump's cab and my son's Baja Bug. Nice and cheap and I have a Lowes just down the road.

You're going the same route as me (albeit with a much nicer budget). I'm switching out my 352 FE for a Windsor :thup:
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.