Easiest way to remove all the wiring?

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
wolfpack

Easiest way to remove all the wiring?

Post by wolfpack »

Hey everyone what is the easiest way to remove all the wiring inside and out of the truck and not destroy it? is there some trick or what ? thanks Terry.
The dumbest question in the world is the one you don't ask.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Easiest way to remove all the wiring?

Post by FORDification »

I don't think there's an 'easy' way of doing it. Not that it's hard, it's just time-consuming. However, what does make things a little easier is that there is one 'main' harness, which is basically everything inside the cab. The engine bay / front lights is one sub-harness and the rear lights is another. I'd disconnect those two first and then tackle the cab. Take lots of pictures beforehand, especially at connections....and take some notes too. You WILL use them, even if you have photographic memory. (...and if you do, don't count on it this time. ;) )

- Put a wrap of masking tape around anything you disconnect and label it, including main connections. Take a quick look at any connection, and if it can be mixed up or reversed, label it prior to disconnecting as to proper orientation.

- Try hard not to cut anything. Yeah, I know....you can splice it later. But that just gives you one more possiblity for problems in the future. If it went in, it'll come out. Just figure out how....which leads me to

- Don't try this if you're having a bad day or are impatient. You need an uncluttered mind for concentration. ;) Turn on some soft rock or country and have fun. Just pay attention to what you're doing, take some pictures and or notes as needed and have fun. :D You should have it done in a couple hours, not pushing yourself.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

having a bad day or stressed out :hmm: that leaves me out.... :lol: thanks keith i already disconnected all of the engine harness so i'm out of luck there but it's pretty straight forward i will mark the rest...thanks for you time and replying. Going to go do this to take my mind off of my daughter having so many problems at a young age...Terry
The dumbest question in the world is the one you don't ask.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Hey, if THAT ain't enough to cause stress, I don't know what else will! :lol: I should know, I've got a 17-year-old daughter myself.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

Take your seat out.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

Just try not to bend the harness too much. It will protest. If you have
to patch it use heat shrink and solder. It's a pain, but you'll thank yourself
later. You can wipe it down with laquer thinner and re-tape it. Install it
and get it layed out before you re-tape. Ck. and clean all the grounds you
can find too!
Good luck KP
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

when i took the wiring out of the 78 i had i gutted the entire dash i order to do it the easiest way i could.