New guy here, (well ok...maybe 15 years ago I was new here LOL)...

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

New guy here, (well ok...maybe 15 years ago I was new here LOL)...

Post by basketcase0302 »

I wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone here-been way...too long. I pray all here have been well and bumping along. Two lower back surgeries / witch #3 threw me to the wolves after the 2nd one / moved home here to Choo-Choo town / a 3rd lower back surgery / and have spent over 60 days in critical care hospitalized the past two years. It appears that over 30 years of HVAC just didn't agree with my tired worn out body so I'm done with the work thing-can no longer do that.
Had to sell my 71' F-350 DRW shortly after my health started declining. I sold it to a guy from New York-was hoping to see him here and see how the truck has been for him. Not to say I'm done with bump trucks though as there are plenty to be had around these parts. But I will be selling some of my obsolete parts here so check in with me if your needing something, (mostly small parts) no body stuff.
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
AZf100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: New guy here, (well ok...maybe 15 years ago I was new here LOL)...

Post by AZf100 »

Sorry to here About your troubles, I Know what you mean when talking about a worn out body. I'm Going on 21 years in HVACR, its a tough trade.
Not as easy to get out of bed anymore. look forward to seeing what you have for sale.
"I ain't as good as I once was But I'm as good once as I ever was"
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r73 ... 6e738a.jpg
1971 F100 SWB 302 2WD (Work In Progress)
2010 F250 4X4 6.4 Power Stroke / lariat Black
EDVSU

Post by EDVSU »

Wow. Hope you get better soon. Good to see your spirits are still up. That always helps. Good luck. :pray:
- Martin Gza.
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Was wondering about U. Good to hear from you and may God grant U comfort and piece of mind.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Basket, i'm sorry to hear that .

It is good to hear from you.

I hope the worst is behind you and good days are ahead for you.

God bless you sir.
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

:wel: back! Sorry to hear about your health conditions! Hope to hear more from you as time permits. Hopefully when you are able to get a little more stable you can pick up another bumpside!
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Glad to hear from you!
I hope you heal quickly! I know what you mean about a worn out body. 54 years young and even my pains have pains! :(
I've been wondering lately how much longer I'm going to be able to do the backyard mechanic thing myself.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

John / Greg / guys thank you so much. Every single day is a blessing now-never take them for granted as life can be gone tomorrow.
24 hours prior to the shooting-I also stood 30 feet from where the terrorist, (his family has been on a terrorist watch list for three years prior) started his rampage here in Chattanooga that killed five of my shipmates. I had my legal carry on me-and would have taken the shot, as I knew the recruiting center is there. I guess my point with that is to live life guys / build your trucks / don't say you wish you would have built the truck.
Not real sure if or when my next bump will be, but do know I just can't tolerate the cold winters anymore, (after living in Florida for 23 years I kinda got acclimated to it) so hope to find my way back there.
Can not even imagine a Nebraska winter like Kieth and Greg brrr! :(
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
two-bit
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by two-bit »

Hey basketcase,
Good to hear from you. Back surgery sucks, good luck with it. Sorry to hear you had get rid of your DRW. I almost lost mine in my divorce...almost. Some very good friends, and a lot of miles helped me keep it.
Take care of yourself.

Two-bit
Living life full throttle on the North Coast of America!!!

72' F-350, DRW, 360, NP435, Dana 70, 159" WB, P.S., P.B., 12' flatbed, 10,000 GVW.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

two-bit » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:42 pm
Hey basketcase,
Good to hear from you. Back surgery sucks, good luck with it. Sorry to hear you had get rid of your DRW. I almost lost mine in my divorce...almost. Some very good friends, and a lot of miles helped me keep it.
Take care of yourself.
Two-bit
Really good to hear from you my friend! Great big grin on my face to know you still have your truck!
They, (the evil EX witches) will get what's due them at Heaven's gate as far as I'm concerned.
Mine threw me to the wolves like a bologna sandwich after 19 wonderful years together.

And yet I search for another... :lol:
Last edited by basketcase0302 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

Hey there Jeff,,,,,,really good to see you back on here. Those hood badges you sold me are still tucked safely away. Just never could bring myself to use them and expose them to the weather...LOL
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

TNIceWolf » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:36 am

Hey there Jeff,,,,,,really good to see you back on here. Those hood badges you sold me are still tucked safely away. Just never could bring myself to use them and expose them to the weather...LOL
Glad to know they'll still be around to show off someday!
Sure wish we coulda' kept the TN meet-n-greet going... :(
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I pray all here have been well. Two weeks ago Friday I went in to my VA hospital here, (best in the US as far as I'm concerned as they diagnosed AND SAVED MY LIFE when they found my brain tumor over 3 years ago that would've caused a stroke-where the TN VA did not AND IT HAD BEEN THERE ALL ALONG).
Anyway so I mosey in to have them look at what I thought might have been a scorpion sting, (half pear sized knot swelling tender) and they decide to run a CT scan on it. What i thought would be an hour with some antibiotics wound up taking all day and around 3:30 the ER DR (man was she a hottie LOL :lol: ) comes in and asks me to catch my breath...

FORGET ABOUT THAT BUMP WE THINK YOU MAY HAVE CANCER!
So bloodwork followed by a more pinpointed PET scan followed by a painful non anesthetic biopsy over the past two weeks (no one to drive me so no anesthesia so I can drive myself home) they have confirmed that at almost 62 years old I have Stage-1 / Stage-2 non-Hodgkins lymphoma cancer in my abdomen.
I'm told that IF...there were such a thing as a "good" cancer that's exactly the type that I have as it's the slowest growing of all of them, (it could kill me in one year or ten years-not in days or weeks like most folks cancer does) and should not require surgery to cut it out.
So I go this coming Friday to meet with hematology/oncology to see what my options for treatment are.

EVERY SINGLE DAY IS A BLESSING FOLKS, DON'T EVER THINK OTHERWISE!
Eat the cake/build the bump/take the vacation/kiss your loved ones as it may be the last time you're given the chance to do so.
:pray:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Thanks basketcase0302. :thup:
DisneysPatB
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by DisneysPatB »

:thup: Thanks Jeff. Thats how my mom went last month. They didn't know she had it until too late, when they discovered it June 29th, it was everywhere. Will finally be burring her Saturday.
1970 F250 460 C6 - Project - Currently not running.
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4 x 4 5.9 Magnum -not running.
1999 Toyota Corolla - Daily Driver.

https://fordification.com/forum/app.php ... y/album/43