Going to the Barret/Jackson Auction Today...

General Discussion Topic Archives
indy358

re: Going to the Barret/Jackson Auction Today...

Post by indy358 »

I can't say anything about the prices people are paying for vehicles, I'm fixing to drop a bundle on my new car. But I can say this. I don't think Henry Ford built his vehicles with the intention of them being trailer queens. I think he built his cars to be used & thats what I intend to do with them! If I'm not going to drive it, I don't want it.
Jayson
94 Cobra convertible Pace Car 300hp 302FI
07 Shelby GT 325hp 4.6L
58 Fairlane 292 Y-Block
65 Mustang 271hp 289
05 Excursion 4X4 XLT 6.0L
10 Camaro 1LT RS (wife's car)
76 Chevy Scottsdale 3/4 ton 4X4 350
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Ok,another test...

I forget what this is called...It looks like an old Harley servicecar with a helicopter body mounted backwards on it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

Is that a BMW Isetta? There is another one similar, but I don't remember the name of it.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

I know it isn't a bumpside but it is [/i technically a '70 Ford pickup...Wouldn't it be cool to have this entire package on a bumpside?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Joe Kriston on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

One more of the Ranchero...Love that shaker hood scoop...

And how do you like the headlight on this bike?
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Ok,so I like Edsels....Excusem moi....Ragtop and what must be an extremely rare two-door wagon....
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Gotta love this metalflake gull-winged luvmobile...

How 'bout the flared wheel wells on the 'stang?

This was a Thunderbolt clone....didn't have the SOHC motor and it was a hardtop....
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

What else?....A couple of muscled Fairlanes,and what I at first thought was a Maverick Grabber but turned out to be a Mercury Cyclone...
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

And....finally,boys and girls,our whole raison d' etre ,the first thing I looked for and why you're bothering to look at all these pics...and I almost missed it!...We were about to leave 'cuz we had places to be at and were leaving through the auction stage area and there was this '72 on the big screen but it had already left the stage...The winning bid was $6000....But where did it go?....It left the stage area,...down a ramp to someplace...I ran chasing after it like a guy who just missed the last train to Tucemcari...I finally caught up with it...and took some quick pics...
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

That one is a Mercury Comet GT? or at least it is a Comet that has a Comet GT hoodscoop on it. I would have to have the Ranchero over a Mustang nowadays. Good pictures Joe, thanks.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2008 Challenger SRT8
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Never saw this hood ornament before....Or the 'Ford' Logo on the grill...Notice the little aftermarket chrome colored strip in the bed and body seam area....

This truck was in good driver condition,but not really as clean as most B/J auction vehicles...The dash was cracked,it did have factory air,...the paint was orange peely,chrome dinged up...it wasn't a fully restored truck....

All in all,I share the same sentiments as most here....vehicles should be driven...Too many of the auction vehicles remind you of the gals in Playboy,look,but don't touch...
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

The hood ornament is from a 1966 Galaxie and the one on the grill is a wing nut for an air breather. Sounds like a high price for that truck after all.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2008 Challenger SRT8
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Thanks,John....I just noticed you snuck your post in there...I think that was an Isetta.....It was a Comet...Not sure if it was a Cyclone,exactly....There were lots of clone cars there this year...
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i do like the chrome trim to hide the bed seam. i had an idea about doing that and getting rid of my original trim.
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

1956 T-bird convertible going for $72,000 right now!
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!