help reassembling my interior

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

help reassembling my interior

Post by dotcentral »

I have a 71 Sportcustom I'm finally got back started on again. I hope to get the engine to the rebuilder this weekend. While its gone I'd like to get some basic stuff done.

When I got my truck the heater was missing. If I had the money now I'd just skip it and get something like a Vintage Air setup, but that's going to have to wait awhile. I think I got most of the parts to piece something together, heater core, blower & heater box, dash controls, passenger side vent contraption. Does anyone have a good diagram in a pdf, jpeg, tiff, etc. they could email me so I get it back together correctly?

Second question. Anyone got a wiring diagram & instructions for retrofitting a cargo box light? I don't remember there being a tutorial, but I'm pretty forgetful.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

let me know i might have a book pic that may help you.

as far as the cargo light. are you talking about the original one you have or do you not have one? if you don't have one. it is operated from a seperate switch under the dash all you would have to do is run a hot wire to the switch and then to the light. the switch would act as a circut interupter.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: help reassembling my interior

Post by dotcentral »

My truck does not have the cargo light. Where does the wiring tap into the harness on a truck that came with the cargo light? Does it tap into the interior dome light or something else.

If you have a drawing showing the relationship between heater components, I'd appreciate a copy.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i'm not sure where the wires come from that might be best to check the wiring diagrams page for that answer. i don't have an exploded view all i have is a bad scan of the entire unit and its too big to post here.
indy358

re: help reassembling my interior

Post by indy358 »

You should have an extra open wire coming off the light switch somewhere that has a constant 12v to it. Locate that wire or another constant 12v power supply and put a switch on it. Run your power wire along side of your dome light wire and run you ground from the cargo light to the same spot as the dome light. That should do the trick.
Jayson
94 Cobra convertible Pace Car 300hp 302FI
07 Shelby GT 325hp 4.6L
58 Fairlane 292 Y-Block
65 Mustang 271hp 289
05 Excursion 4X4 XLT 6.0L
10 Camaro 1LT RS (wife's car)
76 Chevy Scottsdale 3/4 ton 4X4 350