Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

General Discussion Topic Archives
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by jzjames »

Hey qman, I thought the crybabies were over at "FTE". Go onto that site and mention how you like us guys here at "Fordification" and be a cheerleader for this site - and then you'll see who's crying. jz
qman

Post by qman »

I've already had that happen. Then I learned why. I don't do it anymore. Like I wouldn't do it here. The FTE guys don't cry about it. They just cut you off and that's that. They don't mention this site over and over and go on and on about how horrible it is over here. They nip it in the bud, it's over and move on. That's what I'm saying. Y'all need to get over it.

Hey Johnny C, who are the kiss ups and why do you say that?
72 F100 2wd 360 C6 Custom w/factory PS.
qman

Post by qman »

Rambling, there you go again. Take the high road. Don't ever mention the site. I only heard about that site after reading about it here. Don't give them press. And you're right, you do have every right. It just comes across as a whine. Sticks and stones, remeber?
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Time to play nice boys before a moderator nips this in the bud.
qman

Post by qman »

Hey spart, help me out, I don't get the joke in your signature.
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

It is from the movie Office Space.

It is a couple of lines that the character Milton states over and over again in the movie.

If you work in any kind of business setting or for that matter any job you will laugh your arse off during the movie.
Johnny Canuck

Post by Johnny Canuck »

qman wrote:Hey Johnny C, who are the kiss ups and why do you say that?
read that original link I posted there. All those guys scrambling over each other to get their lips on John's haunches.
'27 Model T Roadster Pickup- Dad's first car
'64 LWB M100 Mercury
'83 F150 Supercab Longbox -"Stretch"

qman

Post by qman »

Yeah, I saw it later.
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by BigRedTruck »

I really don't know why we such a big deal about this stuff. I think our numbers speak for themselves. If I were looking in at the groups I would take a dim view of one which insults the other and continually does this despite lack of action on the opposite's part. I love it here and would not change but a visitor might. we might appear like we were kicking a man who was down. the "i'm censored" section covers our conflicts with, and views of fte very well. Readdressing it over and over just seems like tearing open a wound. We don't need to bring it up anymore to get members.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
qman

Post by qman »

That's all I was trying to say. Good job Red.
Johnny Canuck

Re: re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by Johnny Canuck »

BigRedTruck wrote:Readdressing it over and over just seems like tearing open a wound. We don't need to bring it up anymore to get members.
Y'know I think he's right there. I have never been kicked off FTE, and the very first time I came here (long before I joined, and when it was still part of Oldsmobility) I read with amusement that "censored" article. But this place can stand on it's own without the trash-talk now.

It's a very good resource in it's own right. Perhaps the best one for the bumpsides that there is... wish the Slick 60's were set up like this. Tech articles and other info that cross over up and down from these years, making it useful for so many more, too.

May be time to let go of the grudges. This place can hold it's own.

Just MHO
JC
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'27 Model T Roadster Pickup- Dad's first car
'64 LWB M100 Mercury
'83 F150 Supercab Longbox -"Stretch"

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Well Yeah. The biggest prob we ever Had With FTE, Is you could only talk about the parts there suppliers Supplied. For instance you needed a seat for the short term. And i told you to take one out of a certain model at a junk yard bam. Even though i was Trying to help you i didn't tell you to buy one from their supplier at $250.00 bucks.

Now i'm an offender.

I do agree no more talk of FTE please. As trashing them at every turn only brings us down past the level we see them as being.

Let them tear themselves appart or livec and let die or live as you will.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

rjewkes wrote:Well Yeah. The biggest prob we ever Had With FTE, Is you could only talk about the parts there suppliers Supplied. For instance you needed a seat for the short term. And i told you to take one out of a certain model at a junk yard bam. Even though i was Trying to help you i didn't tell you to buy one from their supplier at $250.00 bucks.
I don't think that's their current policy.
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by dcbullet »

BigRedTruck wrote:I really don't know why we such a big deal about this stuff. I think our numbers speak for themselves. If I were looking in at the groups I would take a dim view of one which insults the other and continually does this despite lack of action on the opposite's part. I love it here and would not change but a visitor might. we might appear like we were kicking a man who was down. the "i'm censored" section covers our conflicts with, and views of fte very well. Readdressing it over and over just seems like tearing open a wound. We don't need to bring it up anymore to get members.
Yeah, I agree.