Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

General Discussion Topic Archives
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by heep70 »

Hey folks, lets not beat on each other to hard here.

Rules are rules. If you want to use FTE you have to play by their rules just the same as you do here. I really don't believe in the grudge match myself. When you get right down to it we are all human and different in our own way.

It takes all kinds to make this world spins. Granted the world would spin just fine with a few of these folks.
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by jzjames »

Well when there's a problem you have to identify it before you can solve it. FTE has got a problem and it is a sad shame. The problem I personally saw was with a self-important moderator, "jowilker", repeatedly at the heart of conflicts. Condesending, abusive, and quick to start a dispute with the members. Berating people for accidentally posting partial posts, scoffing at mis-spellings and poor syntax, and generally looking for problems needlessly. Its a shame and he would do well to aplogise and get out of the moderating gig. If you like him join his fan club. There's no good reason that FTE has to be a PITA.
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by heep70 »

jzjames wrote:If you like him join his fan club.

Me :?.

I am not taking sides dude. I am just saying we can discuss this in a friendlier manner. Thats all.
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: Ready to get kicked off the OTHER site

Post by Comet »

Johnny Canuck wrote:

(Fordification is) a very good resource in it's own right. Perhaps the best one for the bumpsides that there is... wish the Slick 60's were set up like this. Tech articles and other info that cross over up and down from these years, making it useful for so many more, too.
JC
You and me both man. I'd spend a lot more time there if it was set up like Fordification. In fact, I'd probably spend more time there than here simply because I have so much more to learn about Slicks than Bumpsides. I come here mostly for community. That will change a bit when I get started on my '71 though.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
4x4_Welder

Post by 4x4_Welder »

Comet- Give me a call if you need anything for that 71- I still have a pile of parts up here.
Guys, I will agree and disagree with you on management. If anybody thinks I am a hardass or do things wrong in there, TELL ME! I can handle criticism, but as long as all that's going on is talk about it on other sites, nothing happens. But be specific if there is an issue. He's looking at me funny and is an ass isn't going to get results. There are some things done with that site that I don't agree with, but we are working on changing it. On the whole, I don't think it's a bad site, just needs some fine tuning.
I took the position there because I felt I could make a difference, and I still do. But there needs to be accurate feedback before anything can change.
qman

Post by qman »

rjewkes wrote:Well Yeah. The biggest prob we ever Had With FTE, Is you could only talk about the parts there suppliers Supplied. For instance you needed a seat for the short term. And i told you to take one out of a certain model at a junk yard bam. Even though i was Trying to help you i didn't tell you to buy one from their supplier at $250.00 bucks.
That's weird, I've never had that problem. I've offered up the same stuff numerous times and have never been locked out. I've even offered up numerous websites suppliers that I don't think are sponsors of theirs and haven't had a problem. Odd.
72 F100 2wd 360 C6 Custom w/factory PS.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

gman, you are the only person I have heard that has not had issues with this. Before I got booted, I had several threads deleted or responses back from people that I should be pimping the advertisers. Ok, fine, but in one case in particular, it was something that none of the advertisers carried. Always felt like I was walking on eggshells over there, even before I joined Fordification, which seemed to seal my fate in Ken's petty mind.
qman

Post by qman »

Strange. I went around the filters for fordification.com a half dozen times over a period of months. I didn't yet realize the problem. Then one day my account is locked so I emailed them and asked why. He said I was not to be going around the filters and on and on. I told him I didn't realize it was a no-no so he unlocked my account. End of story. I've never felt the eggshells thing. I chime in all the time offering up parts suppliers and have never had anyone ever say anything to me about it.
72 F100 2wd 360 C6 Custom w/factory PS.
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

I recall the day it weren't so bad over there. I do not have the time of day for FTE now. There is a ton of info available there, but I'd rather pee razorblades than grace that website...and I am a nice fellow. I just can't tolerate silliness near as much as I used to. Seems all they do there is advertise and control.

Another reason why Keith is the man...and this is the place to be. Thank You all for being great sports and good folk.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

4x4_Welder wrote:Comet- Give me a call if you need anything for that 71- I still have a pile of parts up here.
Thanks Jared. Some day I'm going to need a door. I have one, but need the other. Problem is I don't remember which one I have and it's in storage. I think I need a drivers door. Anyway, I'll let you know.
Hey, did you ever find the 5 on 5.5 wheels? Turns out now I'm looking too. If I find them, you can have my set of 5 on 5.5 white wagon wheels currently on my '61.
4x4_Welder

Post by 4x4_Welder »

Nah, I'm scrapping out the 70 and putting that rear end and wheels under the 69. I'm going to run 8 lug stuff on the 72.
I still have both sets of doors, but I pulled the armrests.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

4x4_Welder wrote:Comet- Give me a call if you need anything for that 71- I still have a pile of parts up here.
Guys, I will agree and disagree with you on management. If anybody thinks I am a hardass or do things wrong in there, TELL ME! I can handle criticism, but as long as all that's going on is talk about it on other sites, nothing happens. But be specific if there is an issue. He's looking at me funny and is an ass isn't going to get results. There are some things done with that site that I don't agree with, but we are working on changing it. On the whole, I don't think it's a bad site, just needs some fine tuning.
I took the position there because I felt I could make a difference, and I still do. But there needs to be accurate feedback before anything can change.
i tried to give them some friendly feed back and they jumped all over me like it was my fault when it wasn't so f*** that site i didn't give them time to ban me i quit them a**h****. so i don't think that fine tuning is what thier try to do. enough about them jerk o***s
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

qman, are you kidding? Your account was locked just for mentioning this site?
I have been going to FTE for several years and actually remember the threads when Kieth got axed. The FTE site has gone downhill very badly over the last year or so. I only go there once in a while now and only when I am very bored. I think the site has become almost useless for getting any reliable information now. I have seen alot of threads with the wrong information giving. If you try to politely give the right info it just results in getting you flamed and then the mods come in and shut everything down.
Thanks again for opening this site where I can come, sit and talk about Ford trucks or something else once in a while without being censored
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

All right maybe they have changed the policy it has been almost a year. If they have glad to hear it. After all we are all human. I hope we are all human anyways.

Maybe they got rid of moderators or changed them out or ken just don't bothermodding now. But if they are honestly changing thier attitude/policy to be a little more friendly, then awesome.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com